Trusted Contributor

I was going to Los Angeles to see my daughter and granddaughter at Christmas. I made the reservations months ago when I felt better about going but as the time got closer I knew I couldn't go. I did not feel it was safe. I thought about flying Delta as they still have the middle seats open but still didn't feel comfortable. They are the only family I have and I miss them terribly but I will have to wait. I actually feel better after making a decision to stay home. I was so stressed out and worried. Then a friend of mine told me she got sick and tested positive after working at the polls. She had a mild case but still she got it. A face time Christmas it will be. I already mailed their presents and cookies. I am hopeful 2021 will be a little better but not holding my breath. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: I canceled my flight to CA

@KCDiva    You have made a wise decision.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Better safe than sorry. You absolutely made the right call. You know that in your heart. That's why you have shed the stress, because you did the right thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

We were supposed to go to CA a few weeks ago but cancelled when American Airlines changed our flights to leaving very early and returning at 9 pm. We didn't want to be away from the cats that long and it was to late to hire a pet sitter. They cancelled all the flights from Phoenix to San Diego except for one coming and 1 returning. I guess they jammed everyone on those two flights. We thought about driving but didn't want the hassle. Kinda glad we didn't go now with Covid being so bad. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely the right decision. It's been many months since I saw members of my family in person. I actually told my daughter and my grandson NOT to come to me on Thanksgiving. We had a Zoom dinner and it worked out well. My best friend joined us too. Everyone ate together, in a way, and we were safe. I told my grandchildren that I miss them terribly but I love them even more and would not want them to risk their health by leaving home and traveling long distances.

Respected Contributor

Definitely a wise decision .. I have spent 9 ..almost 10 months

working hard not to get this thing ....and I'm not giving up now ....

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely the right decision.  Wish everyone was as wise as you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope this gives your family peace.  Next year will work out just fine.  Stay safe.

Respected Contributor

Saw on CNN yesterday that LA is implementing a stay at home order but that the police weren't going to enforce it.

Valued Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I was going to Los Angeles to see my daughter and granddaughter at Christmas. I made the reservations months ago when I felt better about going but as the time got closer I knew I couldn't go. I did not feel it was safe. I thought about flying Delta as they still have the middle seats open but still didn't feel comfortable. They are the only family I have and I miss them terribly but I will have to wait. I actually feel better after making a decision to stay home. I was so stressed out and worried. Then a friend of mine told me she got sick and tested positive after working at the polls. She had a mild case but still she got it. A face time Christmas it will be. I already mailed their presents and cookies. I am hopeful 2021 will be a little better but not holding my breath. :

Think you made the right decision for yourself  but also for your daughter and granddaughter.You know they would love to see you and you see them.

BUT

The cases are on the rise,as they predicted, and think it is going to get worst before it  can get better unfortunately.

Some nights watching news  channels and seeing families suffering such losses is so sad.

Think your daughter rather see you  by face  time , knowing you are safe in your home . There will be other times to celebrate  hopefully in 2021