Esteemed Contributor

Re: I canceled my flight to CA

We live in AZ and usually pickup grands in CA (Kern County) to spend Christmas with their Dad and us. After reading article in LA Times yesterday, we're pretty sure we're going to cancel those plans. DH and I are in our 70s and have been pretty careful (went to Dr in Phoenix last week; first trip out of town in 4 mths), so we will cancel next week unless some miracle happens.  At TG we had only our immediate family who reside in our house (DH, son and me).

Esteemed Contributor

That was a smart decision.  We all miss family, friends, and going where we used to go.  But not worth the chance.

Trusted Contributor

@ScrapHappy I saw that too. I don't know how they can enforce it but hoping some people will follow the order. I went to Walmart this morning for a few things. I always go when they open so it's not crowded. A guy walked in (maskless)she handed him a mask adn he tossed it in the cart. I had a discussion with the poor greeter. She said some people are so mean to her. They have a sign on the door saying anyone entering has to wear a mask. So ridiculous. 

Esteemed Contributor

We still have a high number of reported cases here in Los Angeles County. Actually the five contiguous counties (Kern, Ventura, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange). Going through the airports is dicey.

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva   I'll be home alone and my family is local. They work retail & the granddaughter takes dancing and is around friends. 
 After Thanksgiving alone it will be hard. I enjoy seeing the gifts opened. 
  But the vaccines are in the way! Christmas next year should be better!

I'm glad you cancelled, Christmas is a special day, but it's just one day! 

Valued Contributor

@KCDiva Think you made right call.Now you can put away that worry.Concentrate on fun things y'all can talk about! Friends of mine are watching the same Christmas shows together.You can ask them to show you presents they got for others & even have a meal together.

On Christmas, definitely open presents together.I'm sure others have ideas to share for these next few weeks. 

I'm just glad your decision is behind you.Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you're one of the first on the plane once vaccines are given and this virus is under control. It will happen soon. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I hope you're one of the first on the plane once vaccines are given and this virus is under control. It will happen soon. 

Me too. Thank you. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

When this is all over, I bet we are all making lists of where we want to go and people we want to see.  It’s an incentive to take very good care of ourselves.  

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I was going to Los Angeles to see my daughter and granddaughter at Christmas. I made the reservations months ago when I felt better about going but as the time got closer I knew I couldn't go. I did not feel it was safe. I thought about flying Delta as they still have the middle seats open but still didn't feel comfortable. They are the only family I have and I miss them terribly but I will have to wait. I actually feel better after making a decision to stay home. I was so stressed out and worried. Then a friend of mine told me she got sick and tested positive after working at the polls. She had a mild case but still she got it. A face time Christmas it will be. I already mailed their presents and cookies. I am hopeful 2021 will be a little better but not holding my breath. Woman Sad

@KCDiva 

I am sorry you had to make this hard choice, but I agree it is for the best, especially as it was worrying you.  Hopefully you will find Christmas cheer this year, and have a Wonderful one next year!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras