Honored Contributor

Re: I Need To Go To Albany, Georgia In May

@GAQShopr53, I’m going to ask my son about the closeness of Tallahassee versus Atlanta.  Thank you! 😊 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

You’re right @Lilysmom, there’s a lot of good info here from some helpful people.  Especially on the travel forum and electronics forum where I’m very lacking.

Thank you all that sent me leads.  I’m going to check Delta’s website and the train info.  I get motion sick so that commuter plane will be an issue but I knew that if there was a connection from Atlanta, a commuter plane probably would be it.  Would prefer a Greyhound.  Maybe Uber.

I’m going to save these posts to refer back to and any other suggestions that may appear.  The trip is in May for my grandson’s high school graduation.  Can’t miss that!

Thanks again for everyone’s input.  It’s much appreciated.

You can get into Tallahassee on mainline/larger aircraft and you'd have a choice between Delta and American Airlines, but you'd still have a 90 mile drive ahead of you. Those 50 seaters out of Atlanta in to Albany are jets so they don't really bounce around too much. They're just not very comfortable. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

Congrats on the Grandson's Graduation in May!  <smile>

You and your Son might want to check out  *The Groome* shuttle service between the Atlanta Airport and Warner Robins,GA.  The cost is  $90 for a round trip.  Warner Robins is just South of Macon,GA .  The Groome does not go to Albany but Warner Robins is about an hour more or less easy drive from Albany.  

I live in the SW GA area and have friends and family who have used The Groome and they have been very pleased with the service.    

The Groome/Warner Robins  has a website you and your Son can research if you like.  

The Delta commuter jets from Atlanta to Albany and Albany to Atlanta  are NOT always reliable to put it nicely.  (Flight delays, cancelled flights, weather issues...small airport)

Albany to Atlanta airport is more like about a 3hour drive depending on TRAFFIC !!   

Best Wishes for your May trip  and DO let us know how all this adventure works out. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @gacat123 for your tip.  Yes, an hour drive is better for my son than almost 3 hours!  My husband, at this point is wondering if he should drive.  I say him drive because I can’t (don’t) drive his car.  You don’t just put the key in the ignition like mind.....you have to do this and do that.  Mine, you put the key in and go, lol.  Also, I only drive in good traffic if I can.  On highways, you take the chance of running into detours and crazy lane changes.

I’m going to check out The Groome website.  Thank you much!  My son and his wife says one or the other will pick us up in Atlanta but I just feel bad about it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Thank you, @gacat123 for your tip.  Yes, an hour drive is better for my son than almost 3 hours!  My husband, at this point is wondering if he should drive.  I say him drive because I can’t (don’t) drive his car.  You don’t just put the key in the ignition like mind.....you have to do this and do that.  Mine, you put the key in and go, lol.  Also, I only drive in good traffic if I can.  On highways, you take the chance of running into detours and crazy lane changes.

I’m going to check out The Groome website.  Thank you much!  My son and his wife says one or the other will pick us up in Atlanta but I just feel bad about it.

Atlanta traffic is brutal especially if you hit rush hour. The airport can be a challenge. If you are not comfortable diring on busy interstate highways I would not recommend that you drive. i know people who have used that shuttle from Atlanta to Macon. They were very pleased with it. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes I know many who have taken that same shuttle so it's very good.  Also, Tallahassee is an easy ride to Albany.  I would check there as well.  I also live in South Georgia.  Let us know how your trip turns out!!  Enjoy!!

Occasional Contributor

I live in middle Ga south of Atlanta. Worked in ATL for over 13 yrs. There are no trains or planes that go to Albany. I would not ride a bus. Best is to rent a car from Atlanta airport and drive down I75 south to exit that takes you directly to Albany. It is either exit 100 or 99, but it is clearly marked. It will take you at least 3 hours driving time if there is not any bad traffic.

Occasional Contributor

Marta is the subway train. Marta's last stop south is the airport.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with Groome transportation. It is awesome! Used it many times. Take it from airport to Warner Robins.  Then rent a car and it is only 1 1/2 hr drive. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pickett wrote:

I live in middle Ga south of Atlanta. Worked in ATL for over 13 yrs. There are no trains or planes that go to Albany. I would not ride a bus. Best is to rent a car from Atlanta airport and drive down I75 south to exit that takes you directly to Albany. It is either exit 100 or 99, but it is clearly marked. It will take you at least 3 hours driving time if there is not any bad traffic.

Not true. Delta, thru their connection partner SkyWest has 3 daily flights ATL-ABY.

https://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=KATL&destination=KABY

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~