Super Contributor

Has anyone ever stayed at the Disneyland hotel in California? If so can you tell me about the hotel and room  Thank you

Respected Contributor

@crazered wrote:

Has anyone ever stayed at the Disneyland hotel in California? If so can you tell me about the hotel and room  Thank you

I've stayed there.  Out of all the Disneyland Hotels, which there are 3 (Paradise Pier and Grand California), I think this is the most nostalgic and themed IMO.  Rooms vary from Standard to suites and Club Level.  Rates will also vary depending on view(s).  In general, the hotel and rooms are very nice...it's Disney after all.  There are a couple of restaurants such as Steakhouse 55 and Goofy's Kitchen.  I've eaten at both.  Steakhouse 55 is expensive and Goofy's kitchen is your typical character buffet.  The pool is nice and now has two waterslides.  The Disneyland Hotel is in the downtown Disney district and walkable to entrance to both parks (MK and California Adventure).  Disneyland Hotel is the furthest away (but still very walkable) with the Grand Californian being closest.  The Grand Callifornian also has it's own entrance into California Adventure. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  Twice.  Once at the Disneyland Hotel and once at the California Grand Hotel.  The rooms were very nice. The Disneyland Hotel is older but it has been kept up.  You can purchase your tickets for the parks at the front desk. 

Trusted Contributor

I’ve stayed at Disneyland hotel and it’s fine( rooms are nothing special but location is worth it). I got a room we could see fireworks but will not do that again. The room overlooked downtown Disney and was noisy. I’m wondering if those of you that also stayed at grand adventure which do you prefer?   Thank you for any comparisons you are able to offer 

Frequent Contributor

I have not stayed at the hotel.I do like Disneyland better than Disneyworld. Have a great time!