Respected Contributor

We have been to Wrigley for an afternoon game but what about evening games? Would you feel safe going in the evening? We would take the train.

I think we would enjoy the afternoon game but for scheduling of other things a PM game would be best for timing.

The reason I ask relates to going to see the White Sox several years ago and a Chicago native said NO! Apparently that area is a high crime area. Also reading about "packs" of young thugs going into the city engaging in petty crimes in high tourist areas. 

Respected Contributor

You may want to read the blog Crime in Wrigleyville and Boystown. I would say it is not safe to be riding the trains.  😟😟😟

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Skip it.

You would not be taking the Metra train , you would be taking the "El" (elevated).

A big No.

BTW this makes me feel terrible to write this about my hometown.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cubs game safe in PM?

[ Edited ]

Sad to say, I wouldn't go to any event in any city in the evening that involved taking public transportation.  Years ago in the '70s and '80s I never thought twice about taking the subway in NYC late at night but those days are long gone.  Don't even like going out at night period anymore.  Times change.

Respected Contributor

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

Pre arrangement for an uber to pick you up at specific corner of street and  XYZ lane  (example) or i personally would not GO!!!!

Unless it's a large group of say 6 or more.  I don't think many people will mess with a group.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Wrigley Field is in a very safe area. My daughter lives in the Lakeview area and we walk from her apartment to Wrigley Field. When the Cubs are in town there are tons of people out especially at night. I  guss it depends on where you are coming from.

Respected Contributor

I don't live in Chicago but I went to Yankee stadium last August for a Rangers game at night and used public transportation.  

My thinking is either live your life in fear of the low % things happening or go and enjoy living.