Respected Contributor

We had done a few cuises,but I am personally is not a fan. The industry lost its caché in my opinion. 

So now if we go to tropics( usually once a year) we pick a resort with great beach ( lots of shade is a must, no rocks, no little kids running screaming) and plenty of restaurants and entertainment. We are active adults,55and 61, love long walks, dancing, swimming, tennis. 

And when it comes to Europe, we go there directly,stay in cities or towns or villages to explore their life, culture,food, etcI plan everything myself, no travel agents, so much infinite is available these days. And we are always happy. Not a single regret!!!

But to each is own,  keep travelling!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

You might check out AAA.com too - lot of nice cruises.

Esteemed Contributor

this is almost a impossible question to answer without knowing more about who,is traveling.  CHildren?  WHat ages?  SEnior citizens?  how long a cruise do you want?

Do you have a specific departure port in mind?

Honored Contributor

I guess the OP wasn't too interested in information after all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I guess the OP wasn't too interested in information after all. 

That's what I was thinking.  Maybe she didn't want to provide any personal information (which I don't think anyone was asking for, but some people are overly concerned about.)

If the OP does come back to read, I would recommend going to a travel agent who specializes in cruises.  Particularly for a group your size.  Be sure to get one that doesn't charge extra for cancellations or other changes.  I personally don't use one as I like having full control over my reservation, but will be much easier for you to coordinate so many people.  A good travel agent should be able to go over the different ships/cruise lines for you and make suggestions that will suit your family. I think there are a lot of new builds coming in 2018 for most, if not all, mainstream cruise lines.

I hope the OP stops back.

Regular Contributor

Love Celebrity!! Leaving for Alaska on a Celebrity cruise this week!!

Honored Contributor

@SuzieQue When my sister and I took our wheel-bound father on an Alaskan cruise, we used Celebrity also. They were so wonderful to him, and to us! The minute they saw us wheeling him into the buffet area, they dashed over to us and took over. We didn't have to do a thing. One guy would take charge of the wheelchair and another held the plate while our father chose what he wanted from the buffet. And when we used their regular, non-buffet restaurants, they were right there to take over, find our table, and store his wheelchair, bring it back and ready to wheel him out when we were finished with our meal.

The room for someone with a wheelchair was awesome on Celebrity (probably the same with other lines too). Really wide doors and the bathroom was huge. He could roll right into the shower if he wanted to!

Although my sister and I took turns on what activities we joined in (one day she would be with dad; another day I would be with him), we found that if you asked the ship's crew, they were willing to keep an eye on him so we could do activities together. But on those infrequent times when we did something together, he preferred to just sit out on his balcony and watch while the people walked by when we in port.

We gave Celebrity top marks for their care and attention to our father! It was as though he were a celebrity!

Regular Contributor

Celebrity, IMO, is the absolute best for the over a certain age, disabled or just those who want a quieter ship, very few children on our cruise to Alaska last week.

What a fabulous time we had! This trip was 2nd only to Hawaii.

Need to start planning for our next vacation....any suggestion??? :^)

Respected Contributor

I have done many cruises.  When I was in my 20's and cruised with my friends, it was more on a Carnival cruise.  I think Carnival is geared toward more of the younger crowd and not families.  Fast forward, married with a young daughter, we went on our first Disney Line Cruise.  I will admit, it's not for everyone but there is plenty to do whatever your age is.  I will say DCL is the nicest and most clean ship I've ever been on and the service was great.  But that comes at a price.  DCL is notoriously know to be more expensive.  I know the mega ship, Oasis of the Seas, and others similar are very popular.  As another person posted, I'd check out a travel agent that specializes in cruises.  Most times with them you can get some perks than booking on your own.  Also check out disboards.com.  There is a discussion forum about DCL and Royal Carribean.  You can find a lot of information there.  I'd stay away from Mexico, that's just my opinion.  And I find most of the Carribean Islands pretty much the same.  I've been to most of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of cruises....more fly and go....but some places the best acces is via the coast....so I took a cruise through Tauck for NZ and my family and extended like family gatherings by cruise and ill only go with Crystal Cruises