Trusted Contributor

Kind of a spin off from the checking luggage thread. Do you use Air Tags? 

All of my luggage, handbag, wallet, keys and car have air tags. I like knowing where my belongings are at all times.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't.  Don't even know how they work.  We've been traveling for 40+ years and have never had a problem with our luggage being lost or misplaced.  Now we pretty much travel with carryons.

Respected Contributor

We have travelled for years and just  now bought air tags.....loved the notification of where our bags were.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

Do you use Air Tags?

@MG Chris  No don't use air tags.  Having worked for 2 different airlines I haven't checked a bag since 1977. 

That includes a several months trip to Spain and England.      

Honored Contributor

NOPE!  I know where my bag, handbag, wallet, keys and *especially my car are at all times!

*Now I must admit I do lose my car in huge parking lots.  I just turn on my alarm to locate my car which is in lot 47 & I am in lot 2. hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I love these things! I bought a pack of 4! It's really a smart idea to hide one in your car in case it's ever stolen or you're carjacked. 

Esteemed Contributor
Use them and love the car idea (am actually having a pack delivered tonight, so will allocate one there.)

One thing though - and may have just been me as user error - the first time I used them, it showed my bag was still at the old airport. Took a long time to connect and show me was at my location. I then waited until the last minute to turn off my phone and keep checking to see how close my bag is because it would continue to take a long while to connect and show the true location when we landed. (Maybe nobody had an iPhone as I was out of the country 🤷‍♀️)
Respected Contributor

I have not used them before but certainly would the next time I fly.

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I love these things! I bought a pack of 4! It's really a smart idea to hide one in your car in case it's ever stolen or you're carjacked. 

The experts say you should hide two. One in a super easy location to be found and the other as deeply hidden as possible. That way if someone hijacks your car they will get an alert there is an Air Tag following them. They throw it away thinking they are safe and by the time the second one is found it gives you a better chance at recovery. 

I only have one in my car and the location is shared with my kids. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

NOPE!  I know where my bag, handbag, wallet, keys and *especially my car are at all times!

*Now I must admit I do lose my car in huge parking lots.  I just turn on my alarm to locate my car which is in lot 47 & I am in lot 2. hidemf3.gif

My wallet was stolen at Trader Joe's. By the time I figured it out it was long gone. If I had an air tag it would have alerted me right away that my wallet was gone.