Honored Contributor

Yes, its a long time.  However, I remember when it was 72 weeks then 62 then 52.  46 weeks from today I will be on a plane to Kenya/Tanzania.  Africa is my happy place, the place I go to reconnect, to let my heart and soul be where they feel they belong.  Haven't been since 2014 and thats way too long.  This week has been a tough one so I am yearning - hard - for next July.  For me, the wait and anticipation is all part of the enjoyment of going on a trip, but I really need it to hurry the heck up!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been counting the weeks until the end of DS's deployment.

2 1/2 weeks to go!

Esteemed Contributor
I know how you feel. I just got back from my last trip and now it’s 162 DAYS until I go again. My coworker was quick to say how sorry she feels for me. There may be a small possibility that she was being sarcastic, but I’m going to assume she was sincere.
Honored Contributor

@queendiva that is exciting news!  I'd be counting that down too.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Alter Ego , I have to agree that I think there is a slight chance your co-worker was being sarcastic!  HAHA  

I though about counting down the days but that number was overwhelming and depressed me that I had so much time to wait.  LOL  So psychologically counting weeks seemed better - not as big a number as days.  Anyway, I can trick myself into getting through the wait.......

Esteemed Contributor
The time will go by fast and, next thing you know, you will be planning for your return trip in 2021!
Respected Contributor

Go while you can! I had a good friend die six months ago who was always going to travel somewhere and never did. 

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum 

Amen to that.   Years ago I taught at a HS and all the principal talked about was the 2 years left before he retired and he and his wife took their dream trip to Hawaii.

You guessed it, he retired and a few months later he was diagnosed with cancer and died shortly after that.   They never made it to Hawaii.

Fast forward decades later and always remembering him, my DH and I , in our mid 40's, sold everything and lived in Europe for 7 years.   Came back, went back to work, replenished our retirement funds and retired a year ago.   

Never put off you dream if you can help it.  

Respected Contributor

@JudyL   I'm both excited for you and envious!  That trip is at the top of my bucket list.  I have more like two years before I go.  Time to start planning!