Honored Contributor

Re: 10 of the World's Scariest Airports to Fly Into

@OKPrincesswrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

I knew La Guardia was going to be on the list, I live in Suburban NYC and hate flying out of it

Oh boy!! I’m headed that way in the fall.

Sorry, Princess, but LGA is the pits.  I've been in third world airports that are better.  As a native New Yorker I refuse to fly into or out of this place especially with all the construction going on.  I take Jet Blue into JFK.  I wish you good luck and a safe journey!

Respected Contributor

I've been in and out of LGA probably thousands of times, and while the actual landings and take-offs can be a bit sporty, the airport itself is 1000 times worse. It's a dump, pure and simple. Always crammed packed full because the flight schedules are well over capacity. "On time" means within a hour of your scheduled arrival or departure. A little wind, rain or snow and it turns into an absolute s*** show. TSA PreCheck? Maybe they'll open the line and maybe they won't. Even the SkyClubs are dumps. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50

We live close to HPN, Westchester/White Plains airport and we have been lucky to fly out to there over the last few years

@kaydee50wrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

I knew La Guardia was going to be on the list, I live in Suburban NYC and hate flying out of it

Sorry, Princess, but LGA is the pits.  I've been in third world airports that are better.  As a native New Yorker I refuse to fly into or out of this place especially with all the construction going on.  I take Jet Blue into JFK.  I wish you good luck and a safe journey!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

@OKPrincess  You'll be FINE.  I hate LaG because it's a DUMP!  It should have been renovated decades ago, but at least they're doing it now.  Just allow for some delays due to construciton.   ENJOY YOUR TRIP.