Respected Contributor

Re: ok...I MISSED IT ! Where are the recipes for Vitamix?

THANKS SO MUCH ! I FOUND IT !

Trusted Contributor

On 7/6/2014 gonnab said:

OK, so I found the recipes but where is the one for the vanilla ice cream??

I did a search for Vitamix Recipes on QVC and found it. Here is the link to the recipes:

http://www.qvc.com/KF_Recipes_Vitamix.content.html?storeId=10251&viewType=gallery&langId=-1&catalog...

<h3>Vanilla Ice Cream</h3>

Ingredients:

1 cup half and half or whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup nonfat milk (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups ice cubes

Directions:

Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.

Select the "Frozen Desserts" program setting. Press Start.

Use tamper to press the ingredients into the blades and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.

Serve immediately. Makes 5 cups.

Note:

This recipe may be reduced by half and made in a smaller container.

Recipe provided by Vitamix.

Honored Contributor

There is no reason to dilute the flavor with ice cubes. Just freeze some of your liquid, in this case the milk. Or freeze your fruit if you're making something with it. I never use ice cubes when I make ice cream in the Vitamix.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 jaxs mom said:

There is no reason to dilute the flavor with ice cubes. Just freeze some of your liquid, in this case the milk. Or freeze your fruit if you're making something with it. I never use ice cubes when I make ice cream in the Vitamix.

ITA. Just using frozen water will, well, water the recipe down. Freeze the dairy or freeze the fruit - whatever brings flavor and doesn't drag it down.

BTW, when you get it, it will come with the recipe book that will have the recipes in it.

Esteemed Contributor

Another link to the recipes:

http://www.qvc.com/KF_Recipes_Vitamix.content.html

David explained that you can always find the Vitamix recipes by typing in the item # or "Vitamix" in the search box on the home page. When you click on the product page, you will find a recipe link below the video.

ETA: You really have to look closely for the link on the product page because it doesn't stand out. It says, "Check out these delicious recipes you can make with your new Vitamix" and you click on the part that says, "Check out."

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the vanilla ice cream recipe. Gonna try it tonight. Just curious - why the additional 1/4 cup non fat milk if it's optional????