Respected Contributor

I purchased Bethlehem lights window candle about 15 years ago. They have the faux gold finish. They shine bright every year. I dropped two of them and the bulb housing broke, but the candle still comes on and you can't tell from a distance if it has a bulb cover or not.  I have 18 windows, so no way was I navigating cords. As far as batteries, every year I get the two pack C batteries from Dollar Store and they last me from December to January.  My candles use 4 C batteries and maybe that's why they keep going. So yeah I need 72 batteries so it I think costs me about 45 bucks in batteries once a year but I spend 45$ in junk in walmart probably every week so...

I may be a bit off on my math but I can't add without a calculator...the nuns could never figure that one out ha!

Respected Contributor

Re: Window candle TSV

[ Edited ]

The added cost of batteries and the added individual s & h for multiple sets are a no purchase for me.  

I have the candle impressions with the flickering wicks from many years ago.   Worked welll for a while until they were damaged either in dusting of due to a fall.  Stilllooked nice from afar but didn't light up.  Then I saw them  much cheaper at Costco.  

edited to fix autocorrect.   Hmph  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

I bought them a few years ago and my cats kept knocking them over and breaking them so they are stored away.  I liked them while they lasted though.

Honored Contributor

I bought two sets last year.  I kept 2 of them out and I put them on a shelf.  I light them most nights and they are still bright after all these months.

Regular Contributor
These may be a little pricey but they sure do have a lot of bells and whistles which you won’t find with the plug in version. Plus I have cathedral ceilings and one window requires a ladder to access it so I definitely can’t use the plug in window candles. I’m seriously considering ordering purchasing 2 sets because window candles are so elegant and heart-warming.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These look like last yrs  Bethlehem lights TSV # H223842 @ $44.98 free S&H

I bought 2 sets last yr . I  was going to keep the bronze but one defective .

I also bought the black onyx which I gave as a present - don't know if they all worked ?

Also the light where the flame is suposed to be was odd  cheap looking  fpr the price.

Nope, not buying because  almost every time I have bought a set of some kind of light from QVC atleast one does not work . The merchasndise is like second quality  at full price . I do better going to a local outlet or Walmart .

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems like brightness is a desired quality for a lot of you guys when speaking of window candles, so you may not agree with me.

Two years ago I bought (on A---) 6 Luminara taper candles and small glass cubes (they look like ice cubes!) to hold them.  Each one runs on 1  button battery and has run on a single  battery from November to January 6th each year!

These are not especially bright light, but I look up at them flickering so realistically whenever I get out of my car down below and they are not only very visible but the realistic appearance is so much more stunning than the bulb types.

When I bought mine they were considerably cheaper than they seem to be now, (2 for $45 appears to be the best deal) but the look of realism and the economy of the batteries would seem to make them a good alternative to the other types.

I have no cats or dogs or children so the knocking over part is not an issue for me, but I do use museum putty under each cube holder to keep them in place.

Valued Contributor

P.S.----

Remote control too!  One flick on or off.  The also can be set to run for several hours and turn off automatically!

Super Contributor

I still have some of the original BL candles from years ago. ( I think the first set they ever showed) I prefer the plug ins ones which mine are. The originals were true metal bases not plastic as they are now. They too have timers and much better, bigger switches on the sides to change up your desired times and sensors. They also used regular lightbulbs that are easily replaced. The price seems high to me but here's a tip. Wait a few weeks and check As Is. They will show up there and MUCH cheaper. 

Regular Contributor

I prefer the plug in style too.  I have some from years ago that are still working.  I've tried the battery run ones but they seem to lose their brightness before too long.  I was so hoping they would be offering the plug in style again for those of us that prefer them.