Honored Contributor

Re: Wide leg pants.......be careful!

Just yesterday, Louis DellOlio offered very nice 'not-too-wide' subtle print pants.  Crops, I believe.

I'll find my notes and re-post the item number.

Very, very nicely designed.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Pook   So funny......but you saved that drink, that's what was really important!Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

My gosh..........It's taken me all of this time............'QVC is not responding'...........

Oh, well:

There are three item numbers A308471 (the one I entered in my Search, and  where the other two numbers to click for reg and petite), A308456 (reg.), and A308451 (petite).

$39.98

Very nice Louis DellOlio print crop pants; not too wide, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

I tried to find one person who looked good in those yesterday and could not.  It made the bigger girls look bigger and the small girls got lost in the fabric.  Amy who looks cute in everything looked like she was wearing the wrong size.  When I worked at Lane Bryant I learned the less fabric billowing out the better.  I also agree they could be a hazard.  Anything hanging over your shoes could cause problems. 

-------------------

I thought the same thing!  Too much fabric!! The large sizes looked larger and the slender/smaller ladies looked like they were wearing clown pants!!  Am sure they are very comfortable, but....

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! Good thing I have thick skin...LOL! So since I love to wear wide leg pants (palozzo), I now know that some of you think I look like a walking box of cornflakes, am wearing clown pants, look bigger than I really am (I weigh 110 pounds), and am overflowing in fabric (or something like that)! It's okay ladies....I'm smiling.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Wow! Good thing I have thick skin...LOL! So since I love to wear wide leg pants (palozzo), I now know that some of you think I look like a walking box of cornflakes, am wearing clown pants, look bigger than I really am (I weigh 110 pounds), and am overflowing in fabric (or something like that)! It's okay ladies....I'm smiling.

You do know this whole thread was not dedicated to you. So I guess you do not have thick skin.  Many good points were made about wide leg pants. This thread was about safety.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated, of course I know this thread wasn't dedicated to me. And I agree with the comments that have been made about safety....on the other hand, comments about how women look in wide leg pants really don't have much to do with safety. Enjoy your evening!

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy the GILI TSV, but if you stand with your legs together and the pants look like you are wearing a maxi skirt, the legs are too wide. I agree super wide legs on a pant could pose a safety issue.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this warning - I have just recently started wearing wide-leg pants and never gave a thought to the possible falling hazard.  Of course I wore bell bottoms back in the 70's - but I was certainly more agile than I am now - never had a problem with them, so didn't think about it now.

I don't like the super wide leg pants nor the slit so hopefully mine won't cause problems.  I will surely be more aware and careful now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@jannabelle1 

no worries.....i am walking right beside you because i love pallazzo pants/wide leg pants/flared pants. i am thinking of wearing some for my daughters wedding next year. we can look like clowns together! Smiley Wink dont even understand the "walking box of cornflakes" comment.

i picked up two of the GILI tsv.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein