Super Contributor

Re: What size does Renee Greenstein wear in pants?

Every time she is on she says she is a x-small.

New Contributor

I did meet several QVC hosts at the Mall of America a few years ago. Mary Beth is very small and petite in person and somehow I had thought we were close to the same size.hah Smiley Happy. I agree that it is really hard tell what size anyone is on TV!
Honored Contributor

MBR is small and petite? That surprises me. I love her, BTW. p.s. It was once said that TV makes people look 20 lbs. larger. I suppose it's true.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I usually size up in items such as WWC. I don't like skin tight clothes, though. Also, just in case I leave them in the dryer a bit too long. I usually sit next to the dryer and keep checking to see if wrinkles are gone, but if the phone rings............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I also heard Renee say she wears an XXS which sounded tiny to me, but it's hard to tell on TV what size someone is. I'm 5'8" and typically wear a size 10, but in QVC brands I wear a small, and sometimes even the smalls are big on me. I think they must use "vanity sizing"? In department store brands, I'd never wear smaller than a medium.

I ordered Renee's most recent crop pants TSV in small was shocked that they were loose on me especially since I am pear shaped. In order to get the control and "no more jiggle" that she advertises, I'd have to buy the XS or XXS! That's crazy!

I washed them and put them in the dryer which helped to shrink them a little, but they grew as the day went on. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Respected Contributor

I don't think you can look at someone on TV and get an accurate estimate of their size. TV distorts size.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Yes, and changing the 'zoom' feature changes their body sizes. We never know which zoom feature is their true size/body.