Valued Contributor

Re: What does everyone think of the new Nutra Ninja IQ?

It looks like a wonderful buy and even though I wasn't interested in this at the beginning of the day, I decided that the deal was too good and I should give it a try to make smoothies for my autistic son who will NOT eat fresh fruits or vegetables, but loves tasty drinks.

I am excited about it!

Trusted Contributor

I am seriously thinking about getting it now.   I love that it makes salad dressings that are healthy.    I'm tired of buying the salty bottled kind.

My only reason for not buying is that fruit can be expensive in the stores, so you can't really "experiment" a lot and risk throwing out something that didn't work.   I am surprised they haven't shown any watermelon drinks that would be good this time of year.

Can you mix chia seeds and flax seeds in with the drinks?    Not sure they mentioned that.  

My only issue is that when they are presenting and talking about the ingredients it's always when the Ninja is on and we can't hear over the TV.   Mary Beth was real good at asking the ingredients after she tasted it.   

I have some QVC credit in my acct and am really thinking about using it for this product which will only make it $40.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby wrote:
I checked reviews on Amazon and noted that leaking is a common problem after 3-6 months of use. Users loved it until it started leaking. I'll pass for now and hope the company can solve this issue in future models.

You have to make sure that the cup is seated correctly on the blades or it will leak. I turn it forward, then reverse and it seats itself and no problem. Have had mine over 6 months.

Yes, of course.   But those who had no leaks for 3-6 months of grquent use and then did get leaks clearly know how  to set it up correctly, so I think it's unlikely that user error caused the leaking.   It's unlikely that after using it for 6 months they suddenly forgot how to set it up correctly.

Im glad yours is working correctly.   It looks like a great machine .... if it doesn't leak.   

Trusted Contributor

For those of you who own other Ninja's is it hard to clean? I don't use my dishwasher and would be washing by hand. Is it hard to get it cleaned and dry? Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Food, particularly veggies and protein powders can break down the seal around the blades so it is advisable to blend through a carafe filled with water and a drop of regular dish detergent for about 10 - 15 seconds after each use so the detergent can swish away the residue that causes leaks.

I received this info from a Vitamix rep when my Vitamix started to leak.  She told me I had to follow the maintenance directions which said to process through water with a drop of dish detergent after every use.  So, I do this now and I've had no problems with my Vitamix and it's easy to do. 

Contributor

Say, did any one catch that Carrot Juice recipe/ingredients? I only caught it when Bob poured it for Dan.
Respected Contributor

Yes, of course. But those who had no leaks for 3-6 months of grquent use and then did get leaks clearly know how to set it up correctly, so I think it's unlikely that user error caused the leaking. It's unlikely that after using it for 6 months they suddenly forgot how to set it up correctly.

I've owned mine over 6 months and when I'm in a hurry I find that sometimes I don't screw the top on correctly but, thankfully, I notice it before I put it on the base.
Super Contributor

I ended up buying the Nutra Ninja yesterday. The price was fantastic when compared to other personnal blenders available. I happen to have an old Magic Bullet that gets used often. The issues with that are you have to keep pushing the cup to blend/chop anything and it still leaves bits unblended in smoothies.

Valued Contributor

I have a Vitamix and I love it..But sometimes I just want to make a smoothie and this Ninja seems like it would be great for just that. I'm glad I decided to buy it yesterday. I know often QVC's TSV prices are not that much different than the regular prices..But if you decided to wait till today..the price was $20 more and add $11.72 for shipping and add on the tax..the tax was more..so if I waited it would have coat me $34 more. I can't wait to get it!

Honored Contributor

I bought it not only for making nutritious drinks, but for things like making "mashed" cauliflower ... the blender wouldn't pulverize the cooked vegetable, and I think this one will do the trick.

So ..... anyone have any great "smoothie" recipes?

I stopped at the juice bar in our Ralphs grocery store and got a few ideas, but I'm new to this .....   any suggestions?