Respected Contributor

Re: WHERE'S MY PACKAGE THAT WAS PROMISED TO BE DELIVERED BEFORE CHRISTMAS? ??

Just a thought--do you think it might be the post office or UPS or whatever delivery service is the unreliable one, not QVC? It's a busy time of year and with airplane delays, holiday schedules, days off, packages sometimes take longer. Just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

My mom did a lot of Christmas shopping from Sears catalogues many years ago, and the deliveries even for orders placed early, were sometimes delayed.

We all considered it part of the fun.

I ordered three different colors in a LTS a few days before Christmas, and  by 12/24 I'd received two of the three, which I consider very GOOD late purchase delivery.

It does take longer to receive packages than it  did when I began shopping with the q 25 or so years go, but I can find more important things to gripe about.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!

Occasional Contributor

I too did not received two items promised for delivery before Xmas.  I spent a lot of money this year at QVC and this is unacceptable.  One was a TSV (Vivofit 2) and the other was Josie Maran butter face cream (both were to be presents for my sister).  Now to add insult to injury they are both marked "backorder" next to my order.  So I not only did not receive them for Xmas, they are now both backordered.  Sent email to QVC and received response for Josie Maran product saying they do not know if they will receive the product at all - still no response re Vivofit.

Occasional Contributor

I also did not receive 3 items advertised to arrive on 12/24.  Per tracking, the snowbrooms arrived at 4:30am at my postoffice...oopps.

I sent an email about it.  Really disappointed in QVC.  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Why are people not disappointed in/unhappy with the USPS, UPS, Fedex and the manufacturer of them item(s) they purchased, since 95% of the time items ship from the factory, not from QVC?

Compared to some others on the subject, this is a pretty reasonable, not OTT thread.  BUT - people, and organizations, will tell you many things throughout your life. That doesn't mean that all that you are told is true; common sense should also figure in.

I agree that QVC (only one of many companies who promise delivery when they shouldn't) should stop with the "promising" when in reality they actually have no control over the shipping. But even if they continue to hype it, common sense dictates that you should not *count on* such unrealistic guarantees. 

The "blame", if you must have it, lies with the company who makes the item you are buying. If something sits before shipping it's *that company's fault*, as *they* are responsible for getting it onto a truck.

It seems to me that QVC is promising best case scenario, if-you're-lucky, based on what used to be promised by the big carriers 6-7 years ago. It may be *technically* "the word" but it's just no longer accurate for any company, even if it sounds good.

People should have stopped believing it 2-3 years ago, "promise" or not.

Santa isn't real, BTW.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all