Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Skechers Boots TSV

@hawkeyegirl wrote:

Sometimes I wear 8.5 in Skechers, sometimes 9.  What size should I get in these boots?

@hawkeyegirl,

I would get the 9. Like I said in my earlier post, I own a few of this boot but in the older version and it looks like they may be constructed the same way.  The faux fur inside surrounds your entire foot, including the bottom which makes them snug but not tight.

After wearing them for a while the faux fur will flatten slightly but not so much that the boots become loose fitting. Also the suede will "give" over time after wearing them. So if you decide to get the 8.5, plan on them being very snug in the beginning, especially if you wear thick socks. HTHWoman Happy

Contributor

Thank you.  I will order the 9 then, as I like to wear socks!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Just wondering if you might live in a snowy area of the country and if so how the older version of the Skechers boots did in the snow?  I have a pair of Lamo boots which I found very slick when walking through even a little bit of snow (I think the sole is too flat).  These look like they might grip better but wondered if you had any experience in this regard?

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@SilleeMee  Just wondering if you might live in a snowy area of the country and if so how the older version of the Skechers boots did in the snow?  I have a pair of Lamo boots which I found very slick when walking through even a little bit of snow (I think the sole is too flat).  These look like they might grip better but wondered if you had any experience in this regard?

@itsmagic,

Yes I live in a snowy area of Colorado. The Skechers boots did very well on the snow. I don't wear them in deep snow, I have boots for that. But I do wear them when I'm running around town when there might be a couple of inches of snow or when I have to walk across the sidewalks or parking lots that have been somewhat cleared of snow. The tread on the bottom of these boots makes them grip the surface so I feel a lot safer than wearing a smoother-bottomed sole. I might mention that the suede on these boots is not water repellent. When brand new I give them a good coating of Kiwi suede spray. The following year I will give them just a light spray. I bought my first (gray) pair about three years ago and they still look and feel very good. HTHWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. I did notice the boots are not water repellant and like you I spray my boots (whether they need it or not!).  Yesterday I pre-ordered the green from the Insider. I might order another color tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@SilleeMee  Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. I did notice the boots are not water repellant and like you I spray my boots (whether they need it or not!).  Yesterday I pre-ordered the green from the Insider. I might order another color tomorrow!

@itsmagic,

I love the green.Heart I've been trying to decide between the green, burgundy and navy. Already own a pair of burgundy Clarks so I may just whittle it down to the other two....or like you, get multiples! Woman LOL

Contributor

How much are they?
Honored Contributor

@mel b wrote:
How much are they?

@mel b,

57.90 , 3 Easy Pays

Honored Contributor

I like all of the colors, too!  Thanks for posting..........I'll have a bit of time to decide which one(s) I'll order.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Oh I really like them, but I dont know if I will order them. I counted just yesterday. I have 8 pair of boots. Of course some are dressier. I love my UGGS the best. Anyway Im also focusing on Christmas gifts now soo. (I notice Q often has stuff I like near Christmas when Im not shopping for myself but others! lol).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles