New Contributor

Re: TracFone Q & A Today June 22

Hi, what is the largest memory that you can install for the "

• microSD memory card reader" .  32 or 64 gigs???
Contributor

Got  the TSV phone yesterday. It's really nice, I like it. In the process of getting it setup, so far, so good. I was surprised to find that I didn't need a router to be able to have wi-fi. I just have a modem, and a wi-fi enabled tv in the den. I also have one signel  bar. On our cell service with AT&T, we don't have any bars in the house, so this is good.

Esteemed Contributor

@ptbaker wrote:

Got  the TSV phone yesterday. It's really nice, I like it. In the process of getting it setup, so far, so good. I was surprised to find that I didn't need a router to be able to have wi-fi. I just have a modem, and a wi-fi enabled tv in the den. I also have one signel  bar. On our cell service with AT&T, we don't have any bars in the house, so this is good.

@ptbaker I'm the last person who should give tech advice, but even so, I don't think it's possible for you to use wi-fi without a router. You may be using your mobile data and not realizing it. 

You can turn wi-fi on but it won't connect you to the internet without a router unless you're in a place with free wi-fi like Starbucks.

Hopefully someone who's much more informed than me will respond to this. 

Contributor

I need help transferring my contacts for LG to Samsung. Suggestions?

Respected Contributor

@Bannafanna wrote:

I need help transferring my contacts for LG to Samsung. Suggestions?

If your LG is a smartphone, download the mobile content transfer wizard app to both phones. After they're installed, open them, and follow the easy instructions on your screens. You can transfer contacts, photos, music, texts, and so forth. It took 20 seconds for my things to transfer.

Contributor

Thank you SusieQ for the info. I guess I had false hopes. I will be looking into it to see what I need to do.

Can you please tell me the model # of this phone?

Trusted Contributor

I am getting this message when trying to activate my new phone this morning.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Any help you offer would be appreciated.  Customer service at Tracfone doesn't open untl 8am!

Thanks!

Sat Jul 02 06:22:50 EDT 2016 

PHONE UPGRADE

If you proceed with this transaction, only your phone number and service days will be transferred from your TracFone Android to your new Tracfone phone. Any balance remaining in your Android phone cannot be transferred, and will be lost.

Do you agree and wish to proceed with the phone number transfer?

NO YES
Contributor

Has anybody had any problems with their new phone?  I got it set up with no problem, but when I receive a call, it doesn't ring. Should it have come with everything set and  ready to use. It will receive a call, and you can see the call coming in, but it doesn't ring. Is there something I need to do in settings? I hace checked settings, and everything seems ok, but, then again, I don't know anything at all about how these phones work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

QVC Social Team

@ptbaker wrote:

Has anybody had any problems with their new phone?  I got it set up with no problem, but when I receive a call, it doesn't ring. Should it have come with everything set and  ready to use. It will receive a call, and you can see the call coming in, but it doesn't ring. Is there something I need to do in settings? I hace checked settings, and everything seems ok, but, then again, I don't know anything at all about how these phones work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello @ptbaker - It might be something as simple as your volume. There is a manual on qvc.com under the item number E228102 that you can look for information about the phone. I looked under volume and this is what it said;

Go into Settings

Tap Sound and Notification> volume

Then drag the slider to set your volume louder. 

Hope this helps!