Honored Contributor

Re: The TSV Jacket is Disappointing

I don't care for this at all.  It almost looks like a lab coat or something.  There is something about it that is just so bad.  The belt to me is useless and without the belt, it's even worse. 

I heard this morning that this was inspired by a jacket Halston did in 1972 but I didn't see the original jacket.  I wonder what it looked like. 

This is horribly disappointing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like minimal, but this is just plain. It's a front, a back, sleeves and a tie belt without any distinctive detail. It's an easy pass for me. I'll save my money for something a little more exciting.

Regular Contributor

I ordered and received this jacket a few weeks ago. Ladies, it is really beautiful in person. Very soft and comfortable. It is a light jacket thogh - would not be for really cold days. I also thought it looked and was excellent quality!

Occasional Contributor

It caught my attention because of the faux suede and washable. 

However, the arms are very tight for a jacket.  Unrealistic for fall, winter or a cold office environment.  It would be a nightmare to wear with a long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve top.  In fact, a 3/4 sleeve might give an bumpy appearance under the sleeves.

Honored Contributor

I'd say that it's more of a sweater weight.  I like the length and the colors.  Thinking of ordering the black and the grey.  I've only watched part of one presentation so far.   It seems to look good on all of the models, so far. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I think the jacket is beautiful.  Ordered the gray and the blue.  Liked the mixture of suede and sweater.  To each his own but thought every model looked great in it and what a great price. 

Trusted Contributor

They didn't even purchase it.  Don't you decide on your own?  Faux is shown in all the major department stores.  It may be lovely, it may not be.  It's always a ****** shoot when ordering anything online.

Respected Contributor

I'm not even remotely tempted. I don't care for the mandarin collar or mixed media. Faux suede has never appealed to me. Also, faux suede with knit arms? That seems like it would look cheap. I do like the colors.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't consider this a jacket.  To me this is an item I'd wear as part of my outfit and I'd wear a jacket/coat over the top if need be. 

Respected Contributor

I don't care for this at all - the knit sleeves, the belt, the rounded collar. 

The only color that I like would be the blue.