Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Skechers Virtue Washable Mesh Sneakers

[ Edited ]

I'm generally not a fan of Skechers.  But the ombre design is cute. 

Having said that, I don't trust that very thin bottom they put on this pair.  It looks half the thickness of their normal sneakers.  

Sport/Active sneaker with a thin sole?  They should have these on every 90-day auto-delivery.

Super Contributor

i am done with Skechers.  Their selling points are that they're washable and slip on.  I don't care about either of these, i want arch support and lace up, and found some good shoes in the Ryka brand.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sneaker channel! lol

I need lace up because they never sell narrows.

My favorite brand is Filo.

I bought about 5 pairs of Filo at TJ Maxx over 25 years ago and they still look new. I bought one new pair at hsn and they aren't made the same, much cheaper.

Respected Contributor

If I want another pair of skechers, I'll go to my local stores that carry them.  I have to try them on before I buy and not worth it to pay for shipping all the time.  I don't even think the TSV is very cute, at least for me. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I generally like Skechers but not the ones they sell on QVC. They look too flimsy and not enough general support. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

You're right. The last pair I bought and kept  (December I think) were just as you described. Also they tapered in, under the arch, and I feel my foot uncomfortably pronating. 

I just returned 2 pair from last months TSV because the sizing was off. 

I love the look of Skechers but the fit falls flat...no pun intended.

Super Contributor

I saw the black/white ombré and tried them on in a store today. They were comfortable, though I have to go up a size in Skechers as they are short for me. They didn't compare to the ASICS or HOKA shoes that I wear for exercise, but they seemed like OK everyday shoes. I recently had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff so needed something I could easily put on. I almost got these but chose another style instead. Also, The TSV shoes were 59.99 at the store.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Contributor

Do not care for how high they come up on the foot, like the blue color but that is all.

Honored Contributor

To me they seem to elongate the foot, especially the ombre ones. Long feet might not be a look someone wants to have.

Honored Contributor

I love the black ombre color ... but (1) I don't like the turned up rubber at the toe and (2) I can't wear anything with soft bouncy bottoms.