Respected Contributor

TSV Grill.....LOOK under the lid.....

Look under that lid when they raise it up to remove the vittles.

They try very carefully to NOT show how greased up that area is ( camera work).

They show the food. They show the lip smacking. They show the smoke. They show the chips.

Look under the lid when they lift it up.

For ME, no way.

I can imagine that thing sitting in 90 degree weather after a 1/4" of grease is built up under there.

Look under the lid when they lift it up.

That's one reason I don't like these gimmicky contraptions.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Grill.....LOOK under the lid.....

@Othereeeen.  I see blackening where they've smoked in the grill.  Can't tell if it's greasy.  A couple shots of Dawn Power Wash ought to fix it

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would expect it to look greasy under the lid of any cooking appliance...or pot lid when you are cooking.

After you're done cooking for the day, you should clean it.  It's not gonna stay pristine while in use.

To clean these types of appliances, you just put about a cup of water with some lemon juice in a container and leave the appliance on.  The steam will loosen up the grime which then can be wiped away.

I would advise you to not go into a restaurant kitchen. There is so much clean up required at the end of the day that it would make your head spin.  Some places don't  clean often enough.

How do YOU cook without getting the underside of a lid greasy and dirty?  

Respected Contributor

I think the reviews say a lot for it to be a gimmick though. 🤗

Years ago we had an outdoor electric George Foreman grill. The inside top looked the same after using it. But it cleaned up like new every time.
Respected Contributor

And I’m super fussy too!! 🤗
Respected Contributor

This is an excellent deal!!! 🤗🤗🤗
Trusted Contributor

I was thinking of getting this for a gift. I was looking on the product page & it said you need to bring it in to store. Never mind.
Respected Contributor

I heard the guys say at Midnight it’s meant to be kept outside Year Round. It’s waterproof and comes with a nice grill cover.
Honored Contributor

The indoor Ninja Foodi Grill gets like that too.  I clean mine after every use.  My screen looks almost brand new, and that's saying lot at my house.  Most of my cookware looks like cr*p on the outside where the burners havve discolored them.  The one thing is, I don't think they're as easy to clean as they claim especially since I use mariandes.  Those just don't come off the nonstick as easily as just grease.  

Trusted Contributor

@Othereeeen what does remove the vittles mean?