Trusted Contributor

Re: Susan Graver TSV - January 18, 2024

As a petite woman the jacket would have been okay in length for me if I wanted it.  It does strike me oddly that in general all SG tops are around 26" tunic length - why would she not make some tops shorter in length as well.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you.  The jacket didn't even look good on the models!    Jane looked awful - then she tried to button it.  Ridiculous!  She had to stuff herself into it and it was very unattractive.  Why not just wear the proper size?  Nobody cares if you are an XS-S if you look terrible.  Susn's clothing is a hit or miss for me.  I do have some of her things that I like very much - don't think this jacket is for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if the issue is actually the fact that a person can squeeze into a stretch fabric.  As opposed to a woven no stretch?

Think a wool coat, a suit jacket or a jean jacket.  Something that had to have ease tailored.

Maybe a new word is needed?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My jacket just arrived, and I love it! Just what I wanted.  It's a bit dressier than a denim or twill jacket. I like the refined feel of the fabric. It's lightweight which is fine with me, because I ordered the white to wear in Spring & Summer. The peplum is very subtle, and the length is perfect for me. 

After watching the video presentations, seeing it on various models, and checking the garment measurements online, I ordered my regular SG size. So glad I didn't size up. It's not tight on me at all. I still have room for a lightweight sweater or top under this jacket. For reference,  I am a small busted thin hourglass shape. It's very flattering on me. I will enjoy wearing it. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma ,  I received the jacket and love it as well!  It's adorable and fits me perfectly.  The shape of the jacket is very becoming and I like the fabric a lot.  Got it in the olive green color.  I also purchased the coordinating liquid knit fit-and-flare top in the black/olive, A630804, and it makes a nice outfit with a pair of black pants.  The top fits me beautifully and looks great under the jacket.

I'm not big busted but I can see needing to size up in the jacket if very busty, if anyone is wondering.  Even though the fabric is stretchy, the buttons would start to pull if it was too snug across the bust line.