Honored Contributor
On 7/21/2014 VCamp2748 said:
On 7/21/2014 Desertdi said:
On 7/21/2014 Campion said:
On 7/21/2014 Desertdi said:

I think they should make "petites" in household and garden tools. I always poke myself in the eye with those long handles..........

I wish they'd make tall. I find the handles short on a lot of mops. But I agree, a short mop would be great as many women fall in the 5'2" - 5'4" height range.

I'm the same height I was in the 8th grade........ya think I would have figured something out by now.........like how to saw the handle down without leaving a raw stump...............(!)

Good excuse for getting someone else to use the mop- "I might hurt myself" {#emotions_dlg.lol}

The Kitty DOES do some dusting with her luxurious tail..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor
On 7/21/2014 georgia dawgs said:

I have a ocedar spin mop i bought at wal-mart. They sell the replacement mop heads. The handle is also adjustable.

Do you like it? And, does it do the job? I'm looking for a break from the hands and knees routine....but don't want to spend a lot???? The reviews on the various other spin mop types keep me from buying......

Esteemed Contributor

I've had my spin mop for a couple of years & love it. People that don't know how to use it often complain that the handle comes apart when they spin it. You don't hold the hand when spinning, duh. Mine was a ts & came with an extra head.

Valued Contributor

I guess that I am in the minority, I get down on my hands and knees to clean the floors. You just cannot get into the cracks and crevices, along the edges etc. with anything but good old scrubbing. I find no matter what mop I have used, the floor doesn't get as clean as I want it to be. It isn't quite as easy now that I am 60 as in my younger days however.

Respected Contributor
I have one that I bought from HSN a while back. The first day I used it the handle broke and the bucket and dolly fell over all over my floor. It was past the 30 day. I would never buy again. I have a Shark Sonic Duo and love it. No more mopping for me.
Super Contributor
I have one & glad they finally added a dolly .....it's too heavy to pick up & move around . The other problem I have with it , is the mop head keeps flipping over when I'm mopping the floor ! I have to keep the handle at a low angle to the floor & slowly push it around . I'm tempted to pick up a sponge mop like we used to use ........ with a metal squeegee that squeezes the water out .
Respected Contributor
Can you use these on hardwood floors without a hardwood floor solution? Thanks!
Super Contributor
On 7/23/2014 Cookie06 said:

I guess that I am in the minority, I get down on my hands and knees to clean the floors. You just cannot get into the cracks and crevices, along the edges etc. with anything but good old scrubbing. I find no matter what mop I have used, the floor doesn't get as clean as I want it to be. It isn't quite as easy now that I am 60 as in my younger days however.

I do too! I don't even own a mop anymore. I've tried quite a few and haven't liked them for one reason or another. Plus I've found its quicker and easier to grab the spray bottle, spray the floor down and scrub. With the mop, I have find the bucket, fill it, constatly move it out of the way then clean the mop and bucket out after. Too much work!

Super Contributor
On 7/25/2014 Q2girl said: Can you use these on hardwood floors without a hardwood floor solution? Thanks!
We have hardwood floors ( pine ) and I use Mr. Clean & other cleaners .....sometimes a hardwood cleaner if I have some . I think its most important , not to use a lot of water on wood floors .....don't use a heavy water-soaked mop & it'll be ok . The spinner section in this bucket , removes a lot of the water , so you're basically damp- mopping the floor . Also , it's safer if your wood floors are sealed , which protects them from water damage . Some of the sealant has worn away on a few of our floors, that receive lots of foot traffic . Until we reseal those rooms , I'm using just a little cleanser & damp mopping them .
Respected Contributor

The Dynamop which I bought on line a few years back is the original. It is ever so sturdy, costs more but worth every penny. The only problem is that the water container is particularly heavy since it is so sturdy. I hope the company will add a dolly some day; they are the best to do business with. If interested you can see all the details on the Dynamop site. I bought a discontinued model and that saved me money; also no shipping and handling with this brand.