Contributor

I highly recommend the Twist and Shout mop sold on Amazon. It's a little pricier but does not use a foot pedal and has excellent reviews. Have had it for over a year with no problems.

Contributor

If you happen to live near the store called the Kitchen Collection, the every day price for the spin mop is $39.95. I use to Shark Duo and its the best {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
I'm surprised that mop is so popular. Using it is the hardest, most strenuous household chore I've ever attempted. I've always used a sponge mop but got this spin mop. Used it once and was exhausted when I finished. I parked it in a far corner of the garage where it has languished ever since. Anyone is welcome to it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
On 7/21/2014 kachina624 said: I'm surprised that mop is so popular. Using it is the hardest, most strenuous household chore I've ever attempted. I've always used a sponge mop but got this spin mop. Used it once and was exhausted when I finished. I parked it in a far corner of the garage where it has languished ever since. Anyone is welcome to it.

Hey I am in ABQ too !! Let me know if you have a yard sale! Lol. Seriously though, I wanted to get my mom one but she is almost 80 and maybe this is a bit much for her. I suppose I could volunteer to do it for her {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Campion said:
On 7/21/2014 Desertdi said:

I think they should make "petites" in household and garden tools. I always poke myself in the eye with those long handles..........

I wish they'd make tall. I find the handles short on a lot of mops. But I agree, a short mop would be great as many women fall in the 5'2" - 5'4" height range.

I wish for longer handles on brooms, scrub brushes, etc. Telescoping handles would be nice & make it easier for all of us.

Super Contributor

I've had mine for several years and it is a very well made one. I don't remember just where I got it, though. The mop head is orange is is not made of microfiber.

Respected Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Campion said:

I think they should make "petites" in household and garden tools. I always poke myself in the eye with those long handles..........

I wish they'd make tall. I find the handles short on a lot of mops. But I agree, a short mop would be great as many women fall in the 5'2" - 5'4" height range.

I'm the same height I was in the 8th grade........ya think I would have figured something out by now.........like how to saw the handle down without leaving a raw stump...............(!)

Good excuse for getting someone else to use the mop- "I might hurt myself" {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

I used mine once and the handle broke in half. It was a great idea, but the place where it connects is very poorly designed and flimsy.

Esteemed Contributor

I had one and hated it...should have returned it but didn't ....every time I tried to spin the water out....the handle would unwind and fall off...same thing happened when I was using it...I spent more time putting the handle back on then it actually mopping the floor...I gave it away....

Respected Contributor

I really like my Spin Mop - not had any problems with the handle (and I'm 5'2") nor with the weight of the bucket and I think it does a good job. If I didn't already have one, I'd absolutely grab this with the dolly, as I think that would be great to have (and doesn't it sell for $20 on it's own?).