Regular Contributor

I have a question for anyone who has worn both of these brands – are the footbeds the same?   When Vionic was new to QVC I bought a lot of it and wore it all the time, but then I started to develop severe outside knee pain so I stopped.  My right ankle does pronate but this brand seems to make my knee worse.  

I think these TSV mules are cute but I need to know if the Spenco is designed to have the same effect as Vionic.  Or are they more like the Birkenstocks QVC used to sell? 

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

I have 1 pair of Spenco that I wear everyday when I take my dog for his long morning walks.  Before the Spenco pair I wore Sketchers for the walks.  I started getting pain in my heel that would be bothering me everyday, especially in the morning when I would first wake-up.   

Jane was selling a pair of Spenco sneakers and my husband said why don't you give those a try - it may be good for you since you walk so much.   

OMG, don't know if it'll be the same for everyone, but my heel pain is gone and has never been back since wearing them!!

Regular Contributor

I have the vionic inserts and a couple of pairs of spenco slip ons that I wear all day around the house (they have more of a look of a house shoe. I love my Spenco's. It is not as high of an arch as the vionic, but works for me. I also purchased some spenco inserts. I like my vionics too, and I wear vionic slippers in the winter. The spenco is a more subtle feel of support than the vionics.

Honored Contributor

@Cathyshopper   The footbeds on Vionic and Spenco are quite different.  Spenco is much more gentle.  I can't wear Vionic at all as that arch feels like a huge intrusive boulder.  Many of the Spenco have a soft cork footbeds which I find quite comfortable. 

In all honesty, I don't think either brand is super, terrific high quality. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have worn both.  Vionic gave me a lower back ache every time I wore them.  The arch also hurt my foot.

Spenco gives me no problem at all.  I have several pair and wear them to walk the dog, run around, and out to eat!  I order mine on the big A.  Also, I normally wear an 8, but wear a 9 in Spenco.  The A has a great return policy - no $$$.  I am not a Prime member.......have never paid shipping.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I have tons of vionic with all different foot beds.  I can not wear any kind of flat shoes at all due to an old injury of broken bones and ankles in both feet.

I tried my first Spenco recently because they were so much cheaper and was SO dissapointed.  For me, they were nothing more than glorified drug store flip flops.

No support for my arch.  VERY wide shape, look like duck feet on me.  One tiny triangle raised poof that gives no support at all.

IMHO, they don't deserve the name of orthodics at all.

Esteemed Contributor

After trying the sandals this summer, ordered the Big Deal today.  

Hope these are just as comfy!  Ordered the dark green.

Trusted Contributor

I have about a dozen pairs of Vionics and like the support they provide. I bought a pair of the open back mules from Spenco last year and like the sturdy support they provide. They provide a sense of sturdiness and don't slip. I preordered the upcoming TSV. Looking forward to wearing them. May also purchase a second pair.

Contributor

Contributor
I have tried both and prefer Spenco.
I have various foot problems and they help with the pain.
I would've purchased today's special if they did not have the white out sole especially for fall.