Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Thank you.  I was thinking it was probably the bust measurement that was most important.  I am late to the Spanx garments.  I have never had any.  This one looks like it would work for me.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spanx things worth it?

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV in my opinion, no, spanx is not best brand of shapers. Shape wear is hard to buy well because there are so many factors to consider, including personal preferences with fit and feel. I have tried many, many brands of smoothing gentle tank type undergarments. A few off brands from Amazon have always worked better than Spanx for me. I particularly like Vanity Fair which is much less expensive than Spanx (but to be clear, I would be willing to pay more for the perfect shape wear tank). I know the Spanx TSV will work well for some people, but it is an easy pass for me.

Respected Contributor

Shapers-ugh! Twenty five years in Sweet Adelines where an all-in-one shaper was required under costumes for shows and competition. Dreadful garment. 
I am so glad I don't have to wear them ever again. 
As for the tsv I can't imagine pulling one of those on over a sweaty body here in Florida. Haha. Much less actually wearing it in this tropical 🌴 swamp 😂

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

My tank is similar to the TSV except it's totally plain, no shaping panels or separate "bra" in the top.  The TSV looks to be thinner than my tank.  

Honored Contributor

I have purchased Spanx cami shapers a few times, but just can't seem to find one that doesn't flatten my breasts which makes clothing look awful.

If you're well endowed, they don't don't fit well in the chest area and if you go up a few sizes to accommodate, they don't smooth anything.  

Respected Contributor

After watching the presentation this morning I will not get it.  I like tummy control but a smooth back is also important to me.  When they showed the model wearing the beige cami there was not a smooth back when she turned. 

I need a large to fit my bust, but my waist is inches smaller than the measurements on the size chart and I do not think it would have enough compression for me there.

Sticking with my Shapeez.  

Valued Contributor

IMO Spanx is way overpriced. You can go to Kohl's or oven walmart and get good shapers for half this price, I wear a shaping cami or bodysuit every day so they wear out a lot faster for me. I have had good luck with many of the shapers I have gotten at Walmart and Kohl's. 

Respected Contributor

I do not know her name, but the QVC hostess right now is lifting her shirt and the Spanx is all loose and wrinkly on her waist area.  She is trying to hold it up and make is smooth but I can see it is not enough compression to be a true shaper garment. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I do not know her name, but the QVC hostess right now is lifting her shirt and the Spanx is all loose and wrinkly on her waist area.  She is trying to hold it up and make is smooth but I can see it is not enough compression to be a true shaper garment. 

@4kitties   I saw that also.  But in reality, if you are a size 0 or 2 with an already flat tummy area, you can probably get away without wearing a shaper at all.  She has it on, and talks about the color and size for her because it's her job to do so.  Elise has no need for the TSV.

I had the original Spanx Trust Your Thinstincts.  It wasn't even as good as a Skinnytee (of which I have several), to smooth you out under your clothes (at least, me).  I returned it.

They said today's TSV has been in development for the past 8 years.  That front tummy panel has supposedly new fibers that inherently offer more control. 

So, yes, I'm trying this one out.  We'll see. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Yes, she has a darling figure and does not at all need this cami for shaping.  But I sure do, especially around my tummy area.  I have had three children and although my weight is pretty good, I need some compression.  Just thinking their sizing would not work for me.  

I want to try Spanx but think I will wait and find it in a store and try it on to see if it works and get an idea of my size.