Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ordered their mattress.  This appears to be an updated version. Also taller mattress!

Honored Contributor

Re: NORTHERN NIGHTS MATTRESS

We really need a new mattress, and I am a bit tempted by it but I don't think the budget willl allow this time.  just spent $700+ on a room deposit for vaca and $500+ on a vet bill.  The one thing that concerns me is the extra height of the mattress.  As it is, I'm already getting UP into bed with our 10" mattress.  Also, I have enough difficulty getting the fitted sheets on it.  I don't care for some of the new fitted sheets that are super deep because even if you pull them so they're tight, they don't stay.  

I did a search and found a few comments on the hybrid although maybe a different model and they were mostly good.  One person mentioned it was more Medium vs Medium-Firm for the firmness though.

Honored Contributor

My sister has a 100% Northern Nights memory foam mattress and loves it.  I'd buy one like hers because she likes it so much but I wouldn't go for this hybird model with springs.  I don't trust the quality of their springs.... too cheap. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

While these types of mattresses are convenient, how do you dispose of your current mattress?  By the time you pay someone (unless your're luckly enough to get help) to remove your mattress and then where do you take it?  It may be a better option to buy a mattress from a furniture store who will assemble the new mattress and take your current one.  Just thinking.

Valued Contributor

I order the mattress earlier this year and am pleased with it.  We had our local garbage collector pick our old mattress up - the charge was $30 and we didn't think that was out of line.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bought my queen NN mattress as a TSV in Feb, 2019. Price at that time was $499.99 for the 12". Very pleased with it from Day 1 and a year and a half later.

13" would be too high for me; I have a bed frame with under bed storage drawers. I don't need a pillow top mattress- might be too soft for me. 

The value was there for my pre-pandemic mattress. I don't think the new TSV mattress is a great deal, but everything has gone up in price. This one costs nearly 30% more than mine did. Extra happy that I bought mine when I did, but that purchase was a need rather than a want at the time. My memory foam mattress had always been comfortable, but after over 13 years I was waking up with soreness.

Esteemed Contributor

Disposal of your old mattress, or the new one if you request a refund, is a problem, especially for those who live alone.

My DS helped me set mine up in my first floor master BR. He and DDIL had to move the old memory foam mattress out to my attached garage, where it lived for 6 months until our annual township bulk disposal day. A kind neighbor helped me move it to the curb and I was able to have someone take it away in their pickup truck. A lot of effort!

The poster who paid $30.00 to have a mattress hauled away: that sounds reasonable to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624     I believe All Northern Nights mattresses contain coils/springs. They don't make a pure Memory Foam mattress . I may be wrong but even their older mattresses have coils/springs

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat. My sister got one about 3 years ago and it's 100%memory foam. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Does anyone have experience with returning this mattress…or any mattress from QVC? I haven’t called customer service yet, but wondered what the process is. The mattress is advertised as 13”, however, it’s 11” at best….not to ignore just how uncomfortable it is. I can’t afford to keep a $740 mattress that isn’t what it’s advertised to be. Now I have to be hassled with a return.
THANK YOU (for letting me vent!)