Valued Contributor

I was watching the presentation for the Shark handheld vacuum this morning and could not get over the remote "set" the vendor was using.  The walls appeared to be made of plywood and the decorating was awful.  It may have been the vendor's basement so perhaps not the greatest furniture but there were Christmas decorations that seemed to be put up haphazardly.  I understand not every vendor has a beautiful home like Renee Greenstein or VPH but I was surprised that QVC would OK the plywood backdrop.  Did anyone else notice this?

Trusted Contributor

I think you should go back and watch the video presentation.  You will see on close up shots that the walls are not plywood but wood paneling.  How unfortunate that a vendor or anyone else would be judged on their personal home space or choices in decorating.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shark presentation set

[ Edited ]

Assuming they have the vacuum to demonstrate in the studio, for those interested anyway, I see no reason at all to switch to remote presentations from a vendor's home, or whenever... It's pointless... Moreover, both the audio and video are often less than ideal when they 'phone it in'... Just abbreviate the presentations, which they need to do anyway. Most presentations are far longer than they need to be, especially given how often they repeat products...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

I was watching the presentation for the Shark handheld vacuum this morning and could not get over the remote "set" the vendor was using.  The walls appeared to be made of plywood and the decorating was awful.  It may have been the vendor's basement so perhaps not the greatest furniture but there were Christmas decorations that seemed to be put up haphazardly.  I understand not every vendor has a beautiful home like Renee Greenstein or VPH but I was surprised that QVC would OK the plywood backdrop.  Did anyone else notice this?

@Wobin ... sorry to say that I agree with you .... the area she was demonstrating from looked terrible ... it looked like a corner of an old basement that they threw together at the last minute!!! 

On a side note ... I don’t think that vacuum was as powerful as they kept saying.... in many of Rick’s demos the vac did not pick up all the debris????

Valued Contributor

I suppose it could be paneling with some of the same knots and markings of plywood.  Either way it didn't look very good.  

Honored Contributor

Well, the way I look at these "from home vendor" (which I find ridiculous anyway) is I'm not buying the house or decor I'm watching for info on the product they are selling.

BTW that is the vendors basement family room she stated this weeks ago during another Shark presentation 

@Wobin 

My question to QVC is why during this pandemic can HSN hosts dress appropriately and professionally and present items w/o relying on remote vendors all the time🤷‍♀️ --  HSN hosts in my opinion have far exceeded the hosts of QVC...

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Well, the way I look at these "from home vendor" (which I find ridiculous anyway) is I'm not buying the house or decor I'm watching for info on the product they are selling.

BTW that is the vendors basement family room she stated this weeks ago during another Shark presentation 

@Wobin 

My question to QVC is why during this pandemic can HSN hosts dress appropriately and professionally and present items w/o relying on remote vendors all the time🤷‍♀️ --  HSN hosts in my opinion have far exceeded the hosts of QVC...

I agree with you so very true. No PJ's or silly hats or some ridiculous story nobody is interested in !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  QVC posters have now taken to creating a class and social caste system for the guests, based upon their homes.  

Thank goodness Elizabeth's home was not compared to those of Lisa Rinna or Harry Slatkin.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  I cannot believe the OP's condescending remark about the vendor's home.  She was in her basement, as stated earlier, and probably the vendor's best decision to keep the rest of the country separate from her personal home space where her family lives upstairs.   All the extra lights, computers, demo equipment, props and someone to assist her with the Skype creates a massive intrusion in anyone's home.  

She doesn't have to make any disclaimer of whether it was plywood or wood paneling in her home.  "Surprised that QVC would OK the plywood  backdrop" --- just Wow! 

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the Shark presentation, but have wondered about presenters who don't have large or beautiful homes, i.e. where or how they situate themselves for on-air duty.  I've wondered what I would do if that was my job, since my condo is small.  Some are in a tough spot, no doubt, and I feel bad about that.