Frequent Contributor

Brought the flocked tree and set it up to make sure everything was working.  Beautiful tree but flocking all over. Anyone have the same problem?

Esteemed Contributor

Wow you have a bunch of energy - you have till January 31st to return.

I thought the presentations sad that this special process stopped the flocking from falling off.

Can you post a picture?

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the presentations as I bought the new BL flocked tree this year.  They talked about no shedding with the BL tree as well, but during that presentation they did say that the first time you set it up there would be some, but after that there should be little to no "snowing."

I set my BL tree up, despite the extended returns who wants that disappointed if there's a problem come the holidays, and there was a little snowing.  It was nothing compared to the snowing of my previous flocked tree, and after I set it up, it didn't snow anymore.

Valued Contributor

I saw the presentation of this tree where Dan and the vendor said that the big difference between this tree and other flocked trees was that this one would NOT leave a mess on your floor. He made a very big deal about that difference, since there were only a handful of the biggest flocked trees left. That is disappointing that one of the selling points to this tree was not truthful. 

Respected Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

I saw the presentation of this tree where Dan and the vendor said that the big difference between this tree and other flocked trees was that this one would NOT leave a mess on your floor. He made a very big deal about that difference, since there were only a handful of the biggest flocked trees left. That is disappointing that one of the selling points to this tree was not truthful. 

I have to agree with you @cotto22.  I quit watching the presentation when the vendor made a big deal about the flocking being on the bulbs and how much more natural that was than having the clear bulbs (which was a direct slap at the BL tree).  I didn't like any of the ugly hard sell on both this tree and the luminara candles.

Contributor

I have a BL flocked tree, and in my opinion, it is MUCH nicer. I don't want the bulbs covered with flocking material - shows no attention to workmanship and detail. In fact it cheapens the look and blocks the light. I also don't like LED bulbs, or need the tree to have more functions than looking pretty as a symbol to the Christmas season. I am sad that Bethlehem lights has been pushed aside by the other companies, and hope to find their items elsewhere.

Super Contributor

I set up my flocked tree on Thursday when I received it, to make sure it worked.  I have always purchased BL tree in the past (not flocked).  There was flocking in the box and some on the floor when I set it up (a small dust pan full).   So far I am not discouraged. We will see what happens when I take it down.

Valued Contributor

I bought the flocked tree too -- the 7.5' -- and set it up this weekend,  The flocking made a huge mess, but that's not what bothers me about this tree.  I don't like the look of the lights.  The shape and size of the tree is gorgeous, in fact, it looks better without the lights turned on.  The presenter mentioned that all the lights were positioned on the tips of the branches, and he's right -- there are no lights inside or in the middle of the tree.  It doesn't have that "lit from within" look.  All you see are over-sized lightbulbs instead of that beautiful glow.  It looks better from a distance, which is why they looked so great on TV!  When I'm standing or sitting close to the tree the look of those large bulbs is not attractive.  My husband is gonna kill me, but I think I'm sending it back.  This is a very expensive tree and if I'm gonna pay this much, I need to love it for many years.

Also, I hate the fact that there's no way to leave a review for this tree.  They remove it completely because it sold out.  Buyer beware.

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I bought the flocked tree too -- the 7.5' -- and set it up this weekend,  The flocking made a huge mess, but that's not what bothers me about this tree.  I don't like the look of the lights.  The shape and size of the tree is gorgeous, in fact, it looks better without the lights turned on.  The presenter mentioned that all the lights were positioned on the tips of the branches, and he's right -- there are no lights inside or in the middle of the tree.  It doesn't have that "lit from within" look.  All you see are over-sized lightbulbs instead of that beautiful glow.  It looks better from a distance, which is why they looked so great on TV!  When I'm standing or sitting close to the tree the look of those large bulbs is not attractive.  My husband is gonna kill me, but I think I'm sending it back.  This is a very expensive tree and if I'm gonna pay this much, I need to love it for many years.

Also, I hate the fact that there's no way to leave a review for this tree.  They remove it completely because it sold out.  Buyer beware.

Sorry for the disappointment, but your right you're going to have a tree for a very long time and if you're a fanatic about having the "perfect tree" (like I am), than I would recommend returning because you won't be happy with it.  To me, the Manger and tree are symbolic of Christmas.  I'm still searching for the perfect tree.

We had one but donated it when we moved out of state.  The shape and size was perfect, but had to put lights on...do not want to do that again!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Santa's Best Tree

[ Edited ]

I purchased a pre-lit Santa's Best "flocked" tree last September, and yes, it does shed the flocking.  But not so bad that I wanted to sent it back.  Anyway, as I said, I received it September a year ago and set it up the day after I received it so that I could make sure all the lights worked etc.  It really was a very pretty tree, even without any ornaments.  Well, since I live alone and pretty much nobody ever comes over and I'm at work all day anyway.....I just decided to leave it up.  After all, December is just around the corner from September (lol) and I have always put up my tree the week before Thanksgiving.  Every weekend, I would put a few ornaments on the tree so it wouldn't look so lonely. By the beginning of November, the tree was fully decorated! LOL  It was beautiful.  I know many of you scoff at Christmas in July, and starting Christmas stuff too soon.  But I don't subscribe to that feeling.  I love Christmas and could look at decorations all year.  I love the feeling it gives me and the happiness it gives me.  At the end of the season when it's time for my tree to come down, I'm always so depressed about it and miss it.  So last week I purchased the Mr. Christmas ceramic tree (large size) and plan to leave it out all year round!  Smiley Very Happy