Super Contributor

Re: SG: PLEASE NO MORE NUMERICAL SIZING

On 3/6/2015 RespectLife said:
On 3/5/2015 Kathleen said:

Just compare your chest measurement to the garment measurement and add enough wearing ease.

Or ... measure something in your closet and compare to garment measurement.

It's not rocket science!

I respectfully totally disagree with you! Those sizing charts are useless!

My measurements match a size small on their charts. QVC small is huge on me! I always order XS (except for GILI which IMHO runs 'real world true sizing') and sometimes XXS (SG & IM, his cardis and both of their tops are crazy big) even though I match small on the chart perfectly.

As mentioned, the consistency of sizes is horrendous. You can order two of the exact garment and one fit will be WAY off even though the 'label' says the same size.

Size charts are a waste of my time. Only by trial and error am I able to know my sizing with each label carried here and that still doesn't guarantee the fit.

Now that I won't be refunded my original shipping...I will not try any new lines and take very FEW chances on the existing lines.

That's the way I feel. When I can order two pair of the same pants or tops (lettered sizing) in different colors and have them both fit differently, I'm certainly not about to take a chance with numbered sizing. I liked the SG TSV yesterday and likely would have ordered 2-3 of them if not for the numbered sizing.