Frequent Contributor

Re: Ninja Creami for low carb?

I’m definitely buying it for low carb ice creams, that’s all I make! I have a regular ice cream maker and it’s fine but I love the idea of having the containers at the ready in the freezer. I’m very excited about it.
Frequent Contributor

I’ll add that I plan to just use whatever low carb recipes sound good, nothing special. Using confectioners erythritol is best I find, for cold recipes but other than that, it’ll be cream, nut milks, extracts, fruit (berries) add ins, etc
Respected Contributor

Thinking mmmmmmm especially for holiday time making sugar free cranberry sauce (recipes online  and it is super simple like @JeanLouiseFinch  told me) and turning THAT into a sorbet and cocktails. Omg i wish i could buy one.

I have a ninja bullet blender but as someone said earlier this machine is mostly for superior texturizing and you also dont have to add ice in order to  able to blend  into a frozen concoction.

Contributor

Oh yes.. i mainly bought this for low carb / high protein ice cream recipes, gelatos and low sugar sorbets.. of course, i also have made awesome decadent desserts for family/friends who prefer yummy ice cream desserts.
If you look on certain social media platforms.. there are tons of shared recipes for low carbing.. its a huge thing!! Creami.. its s good thing. Bought my first one 1 1/2 years ago and love it!! Great price today.. i paid much more when first debuted on QVC and its much more in retail stores minus the extra pint containers!
Contributor

High protein ice cream and other creamy desserts is the biggest trend right now.. the Ninja Creami rep just reiterated this.. its life changing for those following a low carb diet.. its so good!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something to keep in mind,...

Low carb doesn't equal low calorie or unlimited calories. Low carb usually means higher fat, and more protein which translates several hundred calories in a serving of these frozen concoctions.  Even though DH and I follow a low carb & keto way of eating we rarely have ice cream because the calories would use up a big chunk of our daily calories.  If you're thinking you'll go low carb with these frozen treats but don't change anything else you could easily be setting yourself up for weight gain. 

Respected Contributor

I make a pretty tasty low calorie dessert with Fairlife and blueberries.
Contributor

I know all about keto, low carbing, calories and portion control etc etc etc. good valid points!
Yes.. one must be vigilant with portions, good nutritional values, sugar content and proper macronutrients..
thanks for your input.. invaluable info for all ! The Creami has helped me personally for satisfying a sweet tooth occasionally!! Love it! Maintained my weight loss and feel fabulous !
Contributor

@RollTide2088… use Fairlife too.. i love a skinny iced latte with Fairlife.. berries too. Yummy!! 🤗
Honored Contributor

@thatgirl77 wrote:
I know all about keto, low carbing, calories and portion control etc etc etc. good valid points!
Yes.. one must be vigilant with portions, good nutritional values, sugar content and proper macronutrients..
thanks for your input.. invaluable info for all ! The Creami has helped me personally for satisfying a sweet tooth occasionally!! Love it! Maintained my weight loss and feel fabulous !

Yes, occasionally is the key. For me, $150 is a lot to spend for an occasional treat when there are other options.