Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller TSV - June 4, 2024

No thanks for me, not with talc in there. Plus I think she should have offered more shades. If Shawn can wear Tan, then it certainly isn't dark enough for someone with truly olive tan skin. They never showed any models in the Tan Shade either.

The Deep wasn't deep enough for true women of color with deep mahogany skincolor-so an epic fail to me for this TSV.

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I tried the Double Take foundation a very long time ago, at least 15 years ago, maybe more.  It is not Laura's company anymore and so much time has passed, that I doubt the formula is the same.  What I can tell you for certain that I remember is that the compact shape was oval, and the lightest shade she offered was too dark for me. It did provide coverage and didn't accentuate lines, but I was a lot younger.  Don't know if the same can be said on a senior's face like I am now.  I don't know yet if I want to get this tsv or not.

Did Laura make the Double Take Foundation 15 years ago?  The Baked Elements Foundation came in an oval compact and I thought the double take came out later, but I could be wrong.  I really like the Baked Elements but it was discontinued.  

@sueinsf 

You are correct. Sorry about that. I forgot about the Baked Elements.

Respected Contributor

@MommyAngie wrote:
I have tried this foundation & prefer to apply with a damp brush. It’s great! When I’ve used Balance n Brighten, it was porcelain all over, then fair in areas where you use a bronzer. In this formula, using fair alone gives me just enough color. She offers good products!

After Shawn mentioned how great it was to use wet, I decided to try it with a damp brush and I think I like this application better, so I agree with you @MommyAngie.  I don't need full coverage and I think using it this way was a lighter, more natural look.  Of course you can use more or use some dry powder over it if you want, I suppose.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@MommyAngie wrote:
I have tried this foundation & prefer to apply with a damp brush. It’s great! When I’ve used Balance n Brighten, it was porcelain all over, then fair in areas where you use a bronzer. In this formula, using fair alone gives me just enough color. She offers good products!

After Shawn mentioned how great it was to use wet, I decided to try it with a damp brush and I think I like this application better, so I agree with you @MommyAngie.  I don't need full coverage and I think using it this way was a lighter, more natural look.  Of course you can use more or use some dry powder over it if you want, I suppose.

@sueinsf and @MommyAngie  - Haven't received my TSV yet but am curious about the wet application.  How do you apply it?  Swipe it like Shawn showed or?  The way Shawn swiped it on, to me, it looked thick and not good.  Interested to know how you applied it.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@MommyAngie wrote:

@sueinsf and @MommyAngie  - Haven't received my TSV yet but am curious about the wet application.  How do you apply it?  Swipe it like Shawn showed or?  The way Shawn swiped it on, to me, it looked thick and not good.  Interested to know how you applied it.

@JudyL I just slightly dampened a kabuki brush and swirled the brush around the foundation in the compact and applied.  But I assure you, I used WAY less than Shawn, so you can control that.  You may need to play around with it to see what works for you - remember use a light hand, you can always add more if you need to.  I'm also not using the supersize compact, so mine is smaller and I may be using less product.  I'll be interested to hear your experience.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@MommyAngie wrote:

@JudyL I just slightly dampened a kabuki brush and swirled the brush around the foundation in the compact and applied.  But I assure you, I used WAY less than Shawn, so you can control that.  You may need to play around with it to see what works for you - remember use a light hand, you can always add more if you need to.  I'm also not using the supersize compact, so mine is smaller and I may be using less product.  I'll be interested to hear your experience.

Thank you @sueinsf I will definitely let you know.  Going to try it dry and wet to see which I like best.

Super Contributor

@JudyL Sorry for the delay in posting. Both children had ear infections. Better now. I use a damp foundation brush, not super wet. I do a light coating of the foundation and wait a couple of minutes then check it out to see if it needs additional blending. The dry method just looked too powdery on me for some reason.
Honored Contributor

@MommyAngie wrote:
@JudyLSorry for the delay in posting. Both children had ear infections. Better now. I use a damp foundation brush, not super wet. I do a light coating of the foundation and wait a couple of minutes then check it out to see if it needs additional blending. The dry method just looked too powdery on me for some reason.

@MommyAngie  - So sorry to hear about your little ones.  Hope this morning they are feeling better.  Thank you for letting me know how you apply the foundation.  Think I will try it wet.

Super Contributor

@JudyL Thank you! They’re much better now. I think they caught it at the same birthday party. I hope you will like the damp brush method. Balance n Brighten is just fine dry, but, this one was too powdery dry. 💖