Honored Contributor

Re: Lands End TSV - September 21, 2023

There are 40% off coupons online that would make this jacket even less expensive if you buy directly from Lands End.

Honored Contributor

@ShortyLugNut wrote:
Darn I didn’t even think about petites but that purple was calling my name and for under $34 I bought it. I am new to this brand so I hope the small fits.

It's almost always cheaper to buy directly from landsend.com. This same jacket is $7 less there.

Respected Contributor

I'm petite but the sleeves are no problem, either foldover or just push them up-

I see the jackets at LE site, but the cute print at Q is nicer- 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last time I ordered from Lands' End was a coat.  I'm petite, but the coat was too small for me.  And i ordered a size 2. The sleeves were too short and shoulders snug. Took me forever to wrap up the coat and return it.  Since then, I've not ordered.  Bring short and thin, I'm afraid to try their petites.  The length of the QVC one is  XS 25.37 inches. I've worn tops that long.  But one poster was correct.  Jane did not look good in that. But that could be her build (pear shape)  I'll see how Amy looks in it.  I never really look at the models.  I look at the hosts.

Respected Contributor

I purchased one last year. The color was red.  The fleece has a rough texture now from wearing and washing. It is no longer soft and fuzzy. I wear it around the house on chilly days. It is  just o.k. and price wise like about a long sleeve tee these days.

Lands End was in financial trouble in the early 2000 years I believe, and hooked up with selling  their clothing in Sears at least  in the Midwest. 

Lands End usually has 50% off during the holidays. I have ordered cashmere sweaters at that time and silk long johns.

Super Contributor

I always wear the petite medium in denim and company.  So I ordered the ruby color in a large.  Hope it fits.  

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I'm petite but the sleeves are no problem, either foldover or just push them up-

I see the jackets at LE site, but the cute print at Q is nicer- 

I do not like to have to fold or push up sleeves. I'd rather buy something that is designed for Petites whenever possible. 

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

The last time I ordered from Lands' End was a coat.  I'm petite, but the coat was too small for me.  And i ordered a size 2. The sleeves were too short and shoulders snug. Took me forever to wrap up the coat and return it.  Since then, I've not ordered.  Bring short and thin, I'm afraid to try their petites.  The length of the QVC one is  XS 25.37 inches. I've worn tops that long.  But one poster was correct.  Jane did not look good in that. But that could be her build (pear shape)  I'll see how Amy looks in it.  I never really look at the models.  I look at the hosts.

Have a Lands End store about 20 minutes away. I am only 5' and have short arms. I go to the store because sometimes their Petites fit me and sometimes I go to a regular. Also I am between an 8 and 10 and Land Ends Small is 6-8 and Medium 10-12. Well, I am never a 6 or 12. So, I need to try their things on.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up....this jacket runs a bit small.  I sized up one.  Otherwise, you can't wear anything but a t shirt under it.

Also, the average size jacket does not fit a petite body correctly.  The waist will be at the hip level....that is why Jane doesn't look great in it.  It's just not the sleeves of the jacket that doesn't fit, the body is too long in the torso.

I own eight LE coats,they all ran small. Size up from your QVC size unless you are super thin with straight curves.    Read the LE fit chart before you order.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie  That explains why that darn coat was so small.  I'm passing this. I've been a size 2 most of my adult life and couldn't understand why it didn't fit.  Some clothes I have to try on first at a store. 

QVC tops are too darn long for me.  I can wear 25" but that's pushing it.  I look better in lengths less then 24" long.