Super Contributor

I see that a Kindle fire 10 will be a TSV in a couple days. Does anyone know if this is much different from the one in 2017? I think it was generation 7 or 8. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kindle fire TSV

[ Edited ]

Its a very nice, inexpensive tablet and should be the latest model ( since there isn't an update this year).  I bought this the last Prime Day for $79; I always buy an off brand cover and a screen protector.  Personally, I have no use for the " extras" that come bundled from QVC and I'd rather deal directly with Amazon ( no shipping, speedy delivery and 1 year warranty).

Regular Contributor

If you look on Amazon, you can compare and see exactly what the updated Fire has in comparison to the older ones. This is the 11, so it's the most current. It goes for $149 w/ads and $169 w/out ads on their site. I also have a 7 or 8 version and was happy to upgrade for the price offered on QVC. Also there's no shipping on the TSV so that's not a factor in buying from Amazon this time.

Respected Contributor

I plan to get this new one...a great price!  I also have a FIre 9 which I use and like.

I have a quesion...I have 2 OLD Fire 7 tablets which I do not plan to use anymore.  How do I cancel them and should I wait till I get the new one?

Also, I am quite sure all of my photos will transfer over to the new Fire 10, correct?

Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl, I would wait until you get your new one before doing anything with your old tablets. I would definitely set up your new one first.  Make sure that you set it to factory settings and look under your account for content and devices to delete the devices you want from your account. Everything that is on your old tablet should transfer over as long as you're using the same Amazon account. Search the Amazon website for help and questions regarding your Fire tablets. They have a help forum for all of their devices. 

Super Contributor

@patbz   I agree.  I would rather buy from Amazon but I want this for my son for Christmas .  Don't know if Amazon will run a special on the 10" tablet. Right now it is and has been $ 149.00.  So hopefully QVC will have a good deal.  And then I will also have until January 2022 to return if there is anything wrong with it.  But I doubt there will be.  Wish me luck!

Esteemed Contributor

I guarantee that Prime will run a great special ( probably $10 less than Q) the last weekend in November (next Prime Day) and you will receive it within 2 days of when you order.  The question about transferring everything from one Fire ( any model) to a new Fire is SO EASY!  Plug it in, follow the prompts and, depending on how many programs, photos, videos you have on your old Fire, you'll be up and running within a couple of hours. 

Frequent Contributor

When factoring in price, Amazon usually has a trade-in offer on your old Fire. It's almost always a percentage off the new one and/or a dollar amount, if memory serves. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) You've got to do a little figuring on comparing all the deals.

You reset the tablet back to factory settings (which you should always do anyway if you're donating or discarding old devices) and they send you a postage paid label for it.

They give you the credit for the trade-in when you buy your new one, so you can apply it towards the purchase. If you don't send the trade they take the credit back.

We've done this with our Echo Dots as well - traded them all for Echo Shows a few years ago.

I've bought the Fire here, HSN and Amazon, large size and small. We love the simplicity and efficiency of the Fire. The new one is faster - got it on HSN when they had a deal last month (I think it was) and love it.

Good luck everyone, hope you get a great tablet at a great price! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Kindle fire TSV

[ Edited ]

I've never owned a tablet before.   What is the benefit of the TSV?   I would probably need it for looking up stuff on the Internet, downloading music, streaming radio broadcasts for sports, retrieving email. 

Can I use the wi-fi wherever I am? 

I don't have Amazon Prime, so this would be the best price fo me.

I read on Amazon.com that some people felt it only allowed Amazon apps and you had a hard time downloading Google apps.   They said it was more like an Amazon tablet not a true Android.

Is it worth it or is it limited as opposed to an Apple IPAD?

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I plan to get this new one...a great price!  I also have a FIre 9 which I use and like.

I have a quesion...I have 2 OLD Fire 7 tablets which I do not plan to use anymore.  How do I cancel them and should I wait till I get the new one?

Also, I am quite sure all of my photos will transfer over to the new Fire 10, correct?

@bargainsgirl

Please wait until you get the tablet associated with your account and remove the two older tabs.

You can give this tablet a unique name so do not remove it by mistake.