Honored Contributor

Re: Hoover Floormate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner

I don't know what the big deal is to sweep up or vacuum your floor before you use it. If this model cleans better than the older one I'll be happy.

Frequent Contributor

When I asked my sister about this one she said not to get the one with the vacuum mode, her first one had it and she said it was messier with the dirt and water mixing together. Her new one doesn't have the vacuum and that's why I didn't get it from HSN. I am glad I waited for QVC it's a much better model!
Frequent Contributor

I have this and love it. I've had it since December. Bought it at Target for $139.99. I vacuum beforehand and then use the Floor Mate to mop. I use the same movements I use when I steam clean the carpet. Slow passes back and forth two or three times, then move over with slight overlapping. My floors dry quickly and they're clean with less physical effort than I used to use mopping with the spin mop. While I loved my spin mop, I just no longer had it physically in me to mop 2,000 sq. ft. weekly. The Floor Mate makes it doable for me.

I stopped using steam mops long ago as they always left my floors sopping wet. This doesn't.

Valued Contributor

So, would I have to vacuum before I clean the floors? Thanks for any info. Okay, just read the whole thread and see I would have to.
Super Contributor

I purchased the one on HSN and it came yesterday. My husband wants me to wait until this weekend to use it because he wants to see how it does. Most of my floors are tile and I am worried about the grout. They r cream floors with cream colored grout... I just can't bend and scrub like I used too... I'll let u know how it goes on Sat. I'm getting my DH as a second opinion lol. One thing I can say is tha Hoovers customer service is second to none and I have loved my carpet shampooers over the years...
Honored Contributor

Pamula, did you get the Floormate or Floormate Deluxe? The Deluxe is the new model.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

On 5/6/2014 Pamula said: I purchased the one on HSN and it came yesterday. My husband wants me to wait until this weekend to use it because he wants to see how it does. Most of my floors are tile and I am worried about the grout. They r cream floors with cream colored grout... I just can't bend and scrub like I used too... I'll let u know how it goes on Sat. I'm getting my DH as a second opinion lol. One thing I can say is tha Hoovers customer service is second to none and I have loved my carpet shampooers over the years...
I have a lot of tile and grout too. I did buy this TSV. I noticed in the questions section someone made the comment that they pretreat their grout with a spray on cleaner in the heavily soiled areas prior to using the Floormate just to moisten and loosen it up. I thought that was a good tip.
Honored Contributor

I have Pergo........and the installer said to NEVER put water on it. I wouldn't want to jeopardize my investment...........(otherwise, I would grab the machine in a second).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have cork which is also a laminate. The instructions said to damp mop it. I don't think the occasional use of the Floormate would hurt it as it dries so fast and doesn't soak it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Mine will be here tomorrow!!!!!! Smiley Happy)