Honored Contributor

Hoover Floormate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner

I got an email about this the other day. I think it's the TSV for Tuesday. It sells for $134.96. Does anyone have this? I have a Shark Steamer Vac, I don't think it's for dirty floors, more of a between cleaning option. I'm thinking about getting the Hoover one. Does anyone know if this has to be assembled? I'm not that good at puttting things together!TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Hoover Floormate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner

Years ago, my mother had a Bissell cleaner that was very similar to this Hoover. It came assembled, and she always kept it in the tall box it came in. We had tile floors in our house, and she used this cleaner to keep them not only clean, but shiny and slick as well. She would get in the floor with a can of bowling alley paste wax and rub it on every floor tile, then buff away with the Bissell and the lambswool buffing pads, for that high gloss shine. I have looked at something like this to clean my ceramic tile grout.

Honored Contributor

I have a Hoover Floormate. I use it to clean the tile floors every so often. I also have one of the floor steam cleaners that I use. I think the Floormate does a better job for a good cleaning. You do have to put on & take off the brush & squeegee, cleaning fluid container & the dirty water container to clean after each use & fill up with water & cleaning fluid before using. The filter also comes out for easy cleaning. If you have the item# or model# look up the users manual & it shows the parts & where they go.

Smile

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Nightowlz said:

I have a Hoover Floormate. I use it to clean the tile floors every so often. I also have one of the floor steam cleaners that I use. I think the Floormate does a better job for a good cleaning. You do have to put on & take off the brush & squeegee, cleaning fluid container & the dirty water container to clean after each use & fill up with water & cleaning fluid before using. The filter also comes out for easy cleaning. If you have the item# or model# look up the users manual & it shows the parts & where they go.

Smile

Thank you for the reply. I actually saw another Hoover on HSN's website. It wasn't this model and was $150 I think. That one you can also vacuum dirt, so it said. I may wait for the presentation before I purchase it. I would hate to have to send it back.

Respected Contributor

I have a old floor mate and it is ok but I love the shark sonic duo much better.
Trusted Contributor

On 5/3/2014 jordan2 said:

Smile

Thank you for the reply. I actually saw another Hoover on HSN's website. It wasn't this model and was $150 I think. That one you can also vacuum dirt, so it said. I may wait for the presentation before I purchase it. I would hate to have to send it back.

HSN had one on last week for $99.99 with free shipping. I think it was a Hoover.

Jessa
Frequent Contributor

Do you have an item number for this? I have been waiting for this for a long time, my sister has one and really likes it. I like that it cleans with brushes instead of a microfiber pad.

Honored Contributor

Seems like I saw a TV commercial this past week for a new Hoover floor cleaner similar to the Floormate. That may be why Hoover wants to get rid of the old ones. Shopping channels pull that trick quite frequently. Do a little research.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 jordan2 said:

Smile

You can vacuum with the one I have. I always sweep, vacuum before I get out the Floormate. I bought one back when they first came out. I needed to replace the squeegee on it when my dad was visiting. He went to Wal-Mart & bought me a new one. I was a little surprised. I was online looking for a replacement squeegee so he thought I needed a new one.

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 kachina624 said: Seems like I saw a TV commercial this past week for a new Hoover floor cleaner similar to the Floormate. That may be why Hoover wants to get rid of the old ones. Shopping channels pull that trick quite frequently. Do a little research.

I saw the commercial last night and QVC is selling the same model for $25 less(I think) than Hoover's website. I don't think your allowed to post the item number. I think it's on tomorrow anyway.