Frequent Contributor
Good morning everyone, I’m loving the look of the floral TSV sheets today but I’ve never had any sheets that were at all polyester. Does anyone have any advice on this? One hundred percent cotton is my go to and I can’t for the life of me figure out why sheets on qvc can’t be cotton but also have a print. What are your experiences with a cotton/poly blend? Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

I only buy 100% cotton sheets. Everything else I've tried is to hot and that's the last thing I need in Arizona. Even in winter it's 100% cotton.

Frequent Contributor
Meowingkitty, that’s just what I’m worried about. I tend to run hot anyway so I don’t need my sheets holding it in! Since I’m seeing blended sheets like this, I’m wondering if they actually do hold it in?
Respected Contributor

I will only buy blends, because 100% cotton tends to wrinkle more (unless it's treated not to). I don't find them to be hot at all, and I do tend to sleep warm.

Trusted Contributor

@Athome2 wrote:
Good morning everyone, I’m loving the look of the floral TSV sheets today but I’ve never had any sheets that were at all polyester. Does anyone have any advice on this? One hundred percent cotton is my go to and I can’t for the life of me figure out why sheets on qvc can’t be cotton but also have a print. What are your experiences with a cotton/poly blend? Thanks!

@Athome2   I prefer Norther Nights no wrinkle sheets....cotton blend.   I did try the home reflections once but did not care for them.  They were extremely hot and wrinkled terribly.  I made the mistake of attempting to iron the pillow cases and they melted.  No more polyester for me.  I have other things from home reflections...blankets and spreads that are very nice.  I stick with Northern Nights for sheets and yes I wish they would come out with prints.  

Trusted Contributor

The cotton percales of old were cotton-poly blends, so they're what I grew up with and I didn't know anything different. I prefer the feel of all cotton. But the blends don't wrinkle or shrink, and they are usually lower-priced, so if any of that is a concern for you, then these look to be very nice. I like the floral ones too. You'd never find 1000 thread count in all cotton for this price. 

Frequent Contributor
The northern nights no wrinkle sheets ARE great. I had two sets of plain white that lasted at least 15 years and I only donated them because I wanted colors. It seems like these sheets today will just need to be something I test drive and see how they work for me. The price is great (especially for four pillowcases) and the lavender and peach color combo is a favorite of mine so I just may give them a shot. I won’t iron them though!
Valued Contributor

Are these sheets considered "micro-fiber"?

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Athome2   I've had cotton/poly sheets, and they slept so hot I gave them away.  Also, 1,000 thread count sheets at this price would be extremely stiff and not at all soft.

I like 100% cotton 400 thread count sheets.  They're very nice and soft.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau