Contributor

Helpful Tip on Sealing Lg Oval Glass Lock&Lock Baker

I’m hoping that this tip is useful to many of you who purchased the August 2019 Lock&Lock Oval Glass Baker Set. While reading the product reviews, I noticed pinkgirl1‘s potentially helpful tip/solution on how to successfully close the lid on the largest oval glass container. pinkgirl1 wrote in her review:
“The reason it isn't fitting is because you are trying to shut the tabs diagonally and that won’t work. With the big dish in front of you close the top two sides then the bottom 2 sides and then the top and bottom. It will work every time. If you try to do it diagonal like top right and bottom left at the same time it wont work. I sure hope this helps.“
Frequent Contributor

Re: Helpful Tip on Sealing Lg Oval Glass Lock&Lock Baker

I just tried the suggestion it worked 2 out of 3 tries but still requires a lot of elbow grease.

Should be easy to snap a lid on should not have a nail break to do it. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I never ORDERED these!!!  The lids are extremely hard to snap on and you need to PRY them lids off!!!  I put something in warm in the one and I couldn't get the LID off my spouse tried for over a hour!

I'm seriously considering sending them back!  I have RA and very bad arthritis in my hands -- ugh this is a "workout" trying to get these to work!  Great concept but I do better with "snapware" or the other brands out on the market.

Valued Contributor

I feel very fortunate after reading the reviews that I have no problem whatsoever getting any of the lids locked onto the dish.  The larger one is a bit harder to lock but not really an issue.

My only issue was a broken tab on one of the smaller ones.  I contacted the qvcsocial team and they are sending a replacement lid.  I love this set! 

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I put something in warm in the one and I couldn't get the LID off my spouse tried for over a hour!

This will happen with any dishes with a snap on lid due to a vacuum the warm food created as it cooled.

Get a small drill bit, and an old phone book or scrap wood. Turn the lids upside down, due to the concave shape of the lid turning it upside down will prevent breaking the tabs or shattering the lid, and drill a small hole in the middle of the lid. The phone book / wood will allow you to drill straight down instead of holding it over the edge of your surface which could break the lid.  Be careful not to apply too much pressure as you are doing it. Push / pull the bit in and out to clean up burrs around the hole. 

This will help with prevent a vacuum but, if the seal gets too hot and molds to the lip, you're out of luck.