Respected Contributor

The Dooney TSV is a nylon bag? The Wayfarer collection looks ok, but what a snooze. No wonder the Q is running this on Sunday night/Monday with few Dooney shows scheduled. Even they aren’t excited. Total disappointment. I thought a tsv was supposed to be something SPECIAL.

Respected Contributor

LibbyAnnE, I just saw that it is nylon.  I am disappointed.  It looked like leather to me in the commercial.  I will not invest in a nylon bag.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Wayfarer TSV

[ Edited ]

I actually like it and I like nylon...it's much lighter than the usual Dooney and it has an  outside pocket!  I just wish the strap would convert to a crossbody.

Respected Contributor

It’s nice and it’s great that it weighs barely over 1 lb, but the $10 shipping is a deal-breaker to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I still have my leather Dooneys but have been carrying a nylon satchel for a couple of years now in a beautiful green color.  I love it and got it on ILD.  Even if I liked the style of this bag the striped lining they are now using is a deal breaker for me on any bag.  There were many bags over the years I loved but they had that horrid pink lining and I don't own one of those either. 

Honored Contributor

Just got the email.

Yuck.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I still have my leather Dooneys but have been carrying a nylon satchel for a couple of years now in a beautiful green color.  I love it and got it on ILD.  Even if I liked the style of this bag the striped lining they are now using is a deal breaker for me on any bag.  There were many bags over the years I loved but they had that horrid pink lining and I don't own one of those either. 

@avid shopper   I hated the bright red lining they had for a while on every bag!  I think the lining should work with or coordinate with the outside of the bag...that red looked awful on some of the colors!

Honored Contributor

I don't dislike nylon bags.  I own one nylon Dooney that I really like.  

But I don't care for the style of this bag at all.  Don't they have a style very similar to this already in leather?  This bag looks familiar.

I'm not in the market for a handbag anyhow but if I was, Q's s/h would be a deal breaker.  I bought my last Dooney for under $90.00 and free s/h from Macy's.  At the time, QVC was selling the bag for about double that plus nearly $13.00 s/h.    

Honored Contributor

ILD often has nylon bags for a steal.  And shipping is free.

As far as the "accessories", IMO if you're not getting a good deal on the bag, the cosmetic pouch is meaningless.  Also, I have more of those key fobs than I would ever need.

Finally, I'm not a hobo girl. 

(And why did they decide to do nylon in the fall, when they did leather in the summer.  Summer is when most of us like to lighten up.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney Wayfarer TSV

[ Edited ]

@stellabystarlight wrote:

LibbyAnnE, I just saw that it is nylon.  I am disappointed.  It looked like leather to me in the commercial.  I will not invest in a nylon bag.

@stellabystarlight 

Me, too. Dooney has a lot of Wayfarer bags on their site. Great for travel. I have a favorite Ghurka bag—canvas with leather trim— that goes to Europe with me. But for daily use around town, I’m just not interested in nylon. At that price, they may sell a lot of the cheap bags, though, but I don’t think it does the Dooney brand much good.

I really thought tsv offerings were supposed to be something better. Oh well.... money saved! If the tsv is great—and it’s been awhile since Dooney had one I loved—I buy multiple colors. I bought five tsv Brenna bags and still use and love them! 

I am about to give up on dooney. The only time I tune into qvc is when thete’s a dooney tsv. I never see any other Dooney shows because I buy the bags with free shipping on the Dooney site.