Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

On 5/28/2014 curlywhitedog said:

I've said this so many times on these kinds of threads that I must sound like a broken record but the "you can return anything within 30 days" policy does not mean "you can return everything within 30 days". The same company that will allow you to return items can reserve the right to tell you when you're returning too many items. Plain and simple. QVC is not in the business of therapy for impulsive or compulsive shoppers, they're in the business of profit and if your particular cancel/return habits are cutting into their profit they have every right to ask you to think twice before you order or even cancel your membership.

I realize some of the hosts hype the item to the point where you think "it's now or never, I better get this while I can" but it's up to you to resist the temptation.

Maria

Maria, I feel the same way. I think I became so tired of typing it out that I might have even archived a response to this recurrent topic. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've heard about it happening but so far so good.

Valued Contributor

On 5/28/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I've said this so many times on these kinds of threads that I must sound like a broken record but the "you can return anything within 30 days" policy does not mean "you can return everything within 30 days". The same company that will allow you to return items can reserve the right to tell you when you're returning too many items. Plain and simple. QVC is not in the business of therapy for impulsive or compulsive shoppers, they're in the business of profit and if your particular cancel/return habits are cutting into their profit they have every right to ask you to think twice before you order or even cancel your membership.

I realize some of the hosts hype the item to the point where you think "it's now or never, I better get this while I can" but it's up to you to resist the temptation.

Maria

Maria, I feel the same way. I think I became so tired of typing it out that I might have even archived a response to this recurrent topic. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I cancel a lot too but never had a problem yet. I got a big shock with HSN which only lets you cancel till midnight, even an order made at 11 pm. Many years back I got a letter from returning too many items, but I think overall they may be checking dollars spent versus returns and cancellations. I do buy a lot.
Honored Contributor

Gloria, I think your "tip" is great! Thanks for posting!
Occasional Contributor

No, but it might not be a bad thing. It would sure help with my problem of spending too much!

Super Contributor

This could be a good thing. The way I see it, if there's an item you're interested in, the hosts practically force you to order it immediately because something is always selling out ..... "we only have so many remaining" ..... you order it so you don't miss out. But then you check the "reviews" and discover it isn't such a great item after all. Why order something that has so many bad reviews. So you cancel it. If that's bad, I'm guilty. I can understand them being upset with too many returns from someone but not cancellations. I know of people who received such letters from HSN. I watch QVC too much. If I were to receive such a letter for too many cancellations it would be a good thing because I wouldn't watch it again.

Respected Contributor

I've said this so many times on these kinds of threads that I must sound like a broken record but the mean "you can return everyt"you can return anything within 30 days" policy does not mean everything within 30 days". The same company that will allow you to return items can reserve the right to tell you when you're returning too many items. Plain and simple. QVC is not in the business of therapy for impulsive or compulsive shoppers, they're in the business of profit and if your particular cancel/return habits are cutting into their profit they have every right to ask you to think twice before you order or even cancel your membership.

Maria

So if I buy five items from QVC within two days and return all five items within 30 days, that will get me "the letter"?

I've never heard a host say you can only return one item within 30 days.

Guess I'm just not understanding your post.

Honored Contributor

Right now I have in my foyer maybe 7 or 8 different items I need to return that I've bought over the past several days.

3 of them are for the 4 (yes, I bought 4) of those ugly wigs Sherry what's her name had on TV. I sent back the other one earlier. They wouldn't even fit over my head! What a mess they are!

The other items are 1 pair of Birkenstock (wrong color), and pieces of clothes.

If they want to stop me from ordering, it's their loss. I do buy quite a few things and my guess is that what I keep outweighs what I return.

Oh! I cancel things all of the time too. Usually they are things I buy for my daughter (a new vacuum) and she said she didn't want that kind.

I make no excuses for what I buy, cancel or keep or return, etc. I have the money and I do what I want.

I think QVC needs to understand most people are like me. Maybe they do, I don't know. The reason I'm posting is because I do a lot of the things people say they get canceled for. If I get canceled, I'll be sure to let you know.

Respected Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I've said this so many times on these kinds of threads that I must sound like a broken record but the mean "you can return everyt"you can return anything within 30 days" policy does not mean everything within 30 days". The same company that will allow you to return items can reserve the right to tell you when you're returning too many items. Plain and simple. QVC is not in the business of therapy for impulsive or compulsive shoppers, they're in the business of profit and if your particular cancel/return habits are cutting into their profit they have every right to ask you to think twice before you order or even cancel your membership.

Maria

So if I buy five items from QVC within two days and return all five items within 30 days, that will get me "the letter"?

I've never heard a host say you can only return one item within 30 days.

Guess I'm just not understanding your post.

I think she means every item you buy. Guess you don't understand.