New Contributor

Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

I have been with QVC for 21 years and have a record of returning but I barely order anything anymore. I suppose I get enthused and order mostly online and then think about it more and most items, I cancel. I was warned that I was costing the company money by doing this. And, keeping customers from being able to purchase. I feel I was being more selective and causing myself not to order and have to return and cost customers by ordering and thus cancelling was good. Oh well, the other channels do not criticize and seem to welcome my business..

Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

I've often wondered that same thing. I've received "the letter" twice in my 12 years of shopping here. I don't buy as much as I used to, mainly Honora and occasionally denim & co. The s&h is atrocious. Good question though....can't wait to see the responses.
Trusted Contributor

On 5/28/2014 xsshopper said:

I have been with QVC for 21 years and have a record of returning but I barely order anything anymore. I suppose I get enthused and order mostly online and then think about it more and most items, I cancel. I was warned that I was costing the company money by doing this. And, keeping customers from being able to purchase. I feel I was being more selective and causing myself not to order and have to return and cost customers by ordering and thus cancelling was good. Oh well, the other channels do not criticize and seem to welcome my business..

If you were already warned, then I would say it could happen. I have read here of people getting "the letter" for too many returns and/or cancellations. I have also read on these threads of people having their Q account closed.

You would think that by rethinking the orders that would be a good thing! You are avoiding returning items! I don't think you are in danger of keeping others from ordering, unless the item has limited quantity and sells out. Otherwise, there is plenty of stock to go around.

The show hosts emphasize the 30 day return policy, or order now before it sells out--you can always change your mind. Unfortunately, the PTB see it a whole other way!

Super Contributor

I've been with QVC since the CVN days. I've heard of this with both QVC and HSN. In fact, my own mom got a letter warning her they'd close her account if she continued to return purses. That was from HSN. I return things very rarely so I've never received one.
Respected Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Gloria said:
On 5/28/2014 xsshopper said:

If you were already warned, then I would say it could happen. I have read here of people getting "the letter" for too many returns and/or cancellations. I have also read on these threads of people having their Q account closed.

You would think that by rethinking the orders that would be a good thing! You are avoiding returning items! I don't think you are in danger of keeping others from ordering, unless the item has limited quantity and sells out. Otherwise, there is plenty of stock to go around.

The show hosts emphasize the 30 day return policy, or order now before it sells out--you can always change your mind. Unfortunately, the PTB see it a whole other way!

I rarely order from QVC anymore or even watch for that matter.

However, I think if I got "the letter", I would write to the PTB and tell them the above that Gloria wrote. Apparently, they never watch QVC and don't realize this is stated.

Super Contributor

Just curious, what percentage of returns or cancellations is considered too much? (Asking for a friend, lol)

Honored Contributor

When "Lunchtime Specials" started, there was very little difference between the "special" cost and the everyday "clearance" cost of items, so the grab-reflect-cancel shoppers didn't have too much impact on other buyers. Now, people who are trying to buy an item that is a LTS may find that they are shut out of purchasing when the LTS price is sold out, only to find that the item reappears at a discouragingly higher price. Everybody in this scenario loses, and it is not a flaw that can be blamed on QVC.
Honored Contributor

Maybe if the hosts quit "buying" while on the air, there would be more left for the customers also!!Wink{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Esteemed Contributor

I have been with QVC since its beginning.....have bought and returned a lot....also have ordered then cancelled a lot....about a year ago I finally got ""the letter""....which made me stop and think before I made a purchase....so far so good...

violann....I know what you mean about the LTS....so many times I see one or two I like only to click on it and find its sold out...but then it pops in and out through the 5 hours...end of the day I miss it only to find its back in stock at a much higher price....so disappointing....

P/S.....I forgot to say that I have kept way more then I ever returned or cancelled...

Honored Contributor

I know some B & M stores send letters about this also. That is why some places have you fill out a form when returning items. I also overheard a woman who was trying to return 2 items being told that she could not return anything anymore to that store because of her high percentage of returns. She was told she was forewarned by a letter of this.

Rethinking what you order would not be necessary if you would order after thinking over whether you really want/need the item that way others who really want the item would be able to purchase if quantities were limited. Even though it takes you only a click of a button to cancel, I'm sure it messes up a lot in the ordering process and when it happens too much by too many, can cost the business money.