Esteemed Contributor

Re: HALO TSV - November 25, 2023

[ Edited ]

This is a great product and the power on this one is significantly more than previous versions. I purchased one earlier today.  The price is very good for this particular model. I've used all of the features on my old one. I think it's extremely valuable to have this....particularly when the power goes out. I'd like have about 10 of them when that happens (hate being in the dark!). It would never enter my mind to consider calling my insurance "free service " as a good option to come to my car and me instead of being able to quickly do it myself. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

In an earlier post I said we had used our Halo to put air in a low tire. I totally forgot the day my husband was at the grocery and the battery died. He used the Halo and was on his way home with no problem. He left the car running while unloading the groceries, and we took it in to get a new battery. Halo to the rescue!

Esteemed Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I considered getting one for our car...but as I read mre about it...it cannot be in a car when it gets too hot.  I live in Phoenix...it's too hot most of the year.  I don't want to have to carry it in and out every time I go somewhere.  I have AAA...I will just use that. 

Put it in a small thermal pouch!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sooo tired of hearing about the Halo.  I have been changing the channel all day hoping to see them show something else.  But every time it's a Halo presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's great to have AAA, but sometimes you need a fix right now. Hubby had a doctor's appointment - winter time - and his battery would not turn. We didn't really have time to sit and wait for AAA to show up. Got the Halo out and used it - started right up. Also used it another time at the grocery store in the summer. I didn't want to sit and wait for AAA while my frozen food melted in the trunk. Halo makes a great Christmas gift and is good for those of us who like a little insurance sitting right in the back seat and ready to use anywhere on a moment's notice.

Valued Contributor

It's only been 2 weeks, and they are back to selling the Halo Bolt at the TSV price. I guess they have plenty left over. I wonder if it will be a lunchtime special soon?