Honored Contributor

Re: Flat Rate Shipping

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I would notbe interested in a monthly flat rate for shipping.

However, how about :

• Free s/h for all TSVs.
  • If purchasing more than one quantity of the same item to the same address, pay only s/h for the first item, and free s/h for all the rest in the same order.
  • Free shipping for all orders over $100

I would go with this...but what I would really like to see is tiered status like JCP, Chicos and other stores.  (gold, platinum etc with perks at each level)

Once you have spent a certain amount, you get free shipping for the rest of the year.

OR like Chico's...LIFETIME free shipping.

I do NOT care how long the shipping is.  We all KNOW Q is not a fast shipper.  I either accept that about this company or do business with other vendors.

It is that simple.  I do NOT see Q as disrespecting its customers, an absurd assumption, IMHO.  They are trying to increase profits and do it by cutting corners on shipping.  If that is unacceptable, shop local.

If I need something quickly, I shop elsewhere.

I am never in that big of hurry for a new T-shirt to let slow shipping get me in a tizzy.

Contributor

QVC shipping cost are the worst!! I order a lot and really get hit by shipping cost. Example I ordered 4 pr of thin pants, I forget the maker. Each shipped in separate bags for 3.50 eacheven though all coming to same address!!! Highway robbery!! Plus to send one back it cost 6.95. Why does it cost me more to ship back then for them to ship to me. I agree sll TSV should have free shipping. Bag one order together and charge one shipping rate. Insane to bag shipping for each item. QVC is huge and make a ton of money. They can do better. I used to like HSN who offered free shipping almost all the time and especially on TSV but now since the greedy Q has taken over I see less and less of free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

QVC is not Amazon.  I wish people would stop making comparisons.  If you feel you are qualified to tell QVC how to run their company better, maybe apply for a job with them and make them perfect in your opinion.  Shop Q or don't but if you don't like it to the point you don't shop, you shouldn't be making negative comments.  Move on.

Honored Contributor

No. I would rather pay bundle shipping. For example, I would pay one shipping charge in a 24-hour period for all items in my cart for each category...fashion, jewelry, beauty...etc.

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of tiered status like many other stores.  I am "platinum" at one store and get free shipping on any and all orders I submit.  Also, get discount codes with many purchases plus after spending XX amount of dollars you get "their dollars" to use on a future order.  I shop there now much more often than QVC.  Plus their clothing is a better price and better fit for me.

Trusted Contributor

HSN used to have so many items on free shipping and it seems that has all gone away, although they still do free ship more than QVC. The merge between these two companies is bringing both good and bad changes. QVC does offer free shipping way more than they ever did, but too many other things about them have gone bad.

There is a lot of ways to fix the S&H, but as long as people pay it, they will continue.

I got 3 or 4 things in one bag and got charged for all of them individually. I pay the $3.50 (or 5.50 to 7.50 if you are not paying attention) for each one anyway if they shipped it individually, so that doesn't bother me.

If they can fit 4 or 5 things in one bag or box, they sould cut the postage in half (or something lower). Something like 1 = xxx S&H, 2 = xx S&H, 3-5 would be xxx S&H. Tiered S&H fees. Not all of the same item, but categorized items. Make-up, clothing, the small stuff that is not pre-boxed by the vendor. There are many areas they could do that.

I am not as invested in their products as I was when they were dependable. The quality, sizing, time to ship, everything about them is no longer there. They also do not carry many items that I can't find elsewhere in one Google search. They used to have items that no one else carried so I was loyal. It was worth buying from them. The world of online shopping is reallly hurting all the TV shopping networks, imo.

QVC has become just background noise for me. I don't have to reallly pay attention and it is not the news (which is awful to watch nowadays). I read online a lot, and I live alone, so having the background talking is company. But my buying has gone way down. Add that they won't let you cancel, and I don't even have the desire unless I am positive I want it.

Valued Contributor

How about free shipping if you use your Q Card? Instead of an extra easy pay which is not really anything special!

Respected Contributor
Don’t mind paying for shipping when I really want an item, however need to ship promptly. Q needs to take all the shipping issues people post about seriously and look into changing warehouse shipping contractors who have demonstrated better shipping experience. Q also needs to conduct regular meetings with USPS and UPS to address issues. It’s not rocket science.
Valued Contributor

no, i wouldn't go for a qvc prime like account because most of my amazon packages arrive in 3-4 days and i don't have a prime account. and would the packages arrive any faster with a qvc prime account? i doubt it.

why, because they would have to hire more people to pick and pack orders.

this may be an old school way of solving this, but wouldn't even 25 more people , per shift, 7 days a week, get more packages out of the door faster?

seems like the primary goal is to sell and worry about everything else next week.

maybe a be solution would be to let amazon do the shipping

Honored Contributor

Amazon doesn't have a monthly shipping rate.  I think you are very confused about what Prime is.  But no, I would never subscribe to some monthly shipping rate from any retailer.  I'm actually very happy with QVC's $3.50 charge cloithing, $5.00 for shoes.  Very happy.