Contributor

I received the TSV Fitbit Charge yesterday.  So far, so good.  It took a bit to get used to having the bracelet on 24/7.  I had to loosen it for comfort.  It's interesting to see the stats on your phone, computer and wrist.  Some of my friends have Fitbits too.  We can see each other's status.  We'll see how it goes...

Honored Contributor

I wanted one, but couldn't justify it with my flex working just fine.  They sure are motivating.

Occasional Contributor

I bought my FitBit when it was the TSV and I really like it so far. I got it in record time too. Ordered on a Friday got it on Monday (standard shipping). I think I'm gonna like it.

Contributor

I just do not know if this product is worth the money.  I used an app to measure my mileage...for free...and another app fo measure calorie intake that I can syn together.  I have a small wrist and the  curve of the bracelet is not comfortable for me.  I will give it a couple of more days, but so far I am not $110 impressed.......oh, thought this would alert me when my phone rang...has not happened yet.

Respected Contributor

I bought one, not here, and I do like it a lot. The small (vs the large) is rather small--even for my wrist which is small-medium (7" circ.) The app on the phone is a piece of cake to use. I'm using it right now more for tracking sleep quality. It's got great ideas to track calories, steps, and simple things for fitness and health. 

I coupled it with a bluetooth blood pressure monitor, because I have high bp, and I am limited on what I can take for it due to allergies. This way, I can meet with my doctor and show her if my bp is being managed. She likes it.  She can look at my smartphone and see my blood pressure, look at the Fitbit app and see heart rate and sleep. 

Contributor

UPDATE - I've been using it for over a week.  I like it very much.  I especially like when I take a walk, using the GPS, it maps out where I've been.  That's an interesting feature.  Also, I think it helps with motivation -- when I'm near the 10,000 steps, it motivates me to finish, even on those days when I feel like being a couch potato.  So, yes, I'm happy with this purchase. 

Contributor

Are you using the Fitbit charge with the Fit Star Personal Trainer that is offered for 3 months free?  I have not downloaded it.

I walk on a treadmill because I am a member of a gym and it is much too hot to walk outside right now.   My steps are not counted by the fitbit for obvious reasons.  I am trying to justify keeping it.  I do find the sleep tracking interesting....

Respected Contributor

I have a Fitbit Charge HR (gotten somewhere else) and I like it a lot--although I'm worried I'll be allergic to the band eventually (not sure if it has latex or not, but I've got a bump on my wrist, so I've switched arms.)

I really love it. The sleep monitor is useful--I don't sleep well or enough. And I hit a 5000 pace mark while taking a walk around Annapolis and what fun--it came up with a "Boat Shoe" badge award for hitting the step count and I was at the Naval Academy at the time. I had to laugh! 

Valued Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I have a Fitbit Charge HR (gotten somewhere else) and I like it a lot--although I'm worried I'll be allergic to the band eventually (not sure if it has latex or not, but I've got a bump on my wrist, so I've switched arms.)

I really love it. The sleep monitor is useful--I don't sleep well or enough. And I hit a 5000 pace mark while taking a walk around Annapolis and what fun--it came up with a "Boat Shoe" badge award for hitting the step count and I was at the Naval Academy at the time. I had to laugh! 

Haha....I also bought the Fitbit Charge HR from somewhere else and I just earned my first badge....the "Boat Shoe" but I was just walking around the neighborhood.

I'm enjoying it as well and it does make you get up and move more because you want to get to that next mile marker or do 5,000 steps or more. I just started using it last Tuesday, took it off last night for the first time but will be wearing it all the time once summer is over.

I'm testing it out in different ways but once I get set and I can walk more and more, I'll be using it all the time.  It is interesting to see the sleep results....states I was restless 12X's one night but I slept well. 

Enjoy!  And be healthy!!

Esteemed Contributor

I own the Flex.  When it wears out I will buy the  Charge but the HR (with the heart rate).  Hubby has the Charge HR and loves it.  I love the fact that both sync with my phone and PC and I can  keep a record.