Honored Contributor

Dyson Hair Care TSV - April 24, 2024

A660967 - Special Edition Airwrap Multi-Styler Hair Tool. $599.99

IMG_0080.jpeg

Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Care TSV - April 24, 2024

Unbelievable - nothing special about a $600 hair tool. I thought Dyson vacuums were way overpriced but what is essentially at its core a curling iron for $600. Ridiculous!
Honored Contributor

Some people do love it, but it's not for me.  I had to laugh when she said it had every possible attachment, but there's no diffuser.  I know they make a diffuser for the airwrap.  But, even if it did, I wouldn't pay $599 for it.  I mostly air dry, and usually spend about 5 minutes drying my hair.  I don't curl my hair.  I pay for automatic curls, so I'm not going to pull them out.  I know some people with perms do curl it, but I perm so I don't have to curl it.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read multiple reviews that all say that the curls look nice at first, but don't last very long, the longest duration seems to be about an hour.  Contrast that result for $600 with what I got today from my Calista Airglide, for which I paid, at the time, $99.  Curled my hair at noon, still had nice curls 9 hours later.  Dyson can keep their Airwrap, sorry!  I admit, I love my Dyson flat iron, it's cordless.  I like my Dyson hairdryer, but if I actually want to style my hair, I use a Revlon blowdryer brush.  Most of the time I air dry, and only curl with the Calista Airglinde or do a flip-under with the Dyson Corale if I'm going some place other than the park with my dogs.  My dogs really don't care what my hair looks like!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

If I live to be 100 (and it isn't far off) , I will never understand 2 things: the ''ringlets'' that seem to have captured the fad on hair these days - and stuffing the shirt front in the pants. My opinion is that ringlets bring the face down and take away the chance of any volume that you can have..and it reminds me of Shirley Temple. I'm sure I am in the minority about both of those things so let me have it, at this age, I can take anything !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am still quaking over this price. And what company would offer a $600.00 hair care item in times like these?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Super Contributor

$600 ?
SMH
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right.

I suppose this thing is going to do something other than dry hair...that's why it's on today, Wednesday, the day they usually devote to cooking stuff...so maybe David V will use it to air fry or broil or bake some concoction tonight?

Direct it's magical air flow at some glop in a Temptation crack-ware dish ( Paw Fetti???)and voila...you can dry your hair AND cook your dinner ( if you have any money left to afford food!!!!).

Maybe heat up some 100 dollar a dozen QVC hot dogs?

You know... using one of the 29 functions this thing will allegedly claim to have?

Sheesh.

QVC is getting more ridiculous every day.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I am still quaking over this price. And what company would offer a $600.00 hair care item in times like these?

@Group 5 minus 1 -- They can offer it at any price they want but I'm not buying.  However, I'm sure they will have plenty of takers.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Some people do love it, but it's not for me.  I had to laugh when she said it had every possible attachment, but there's no diffuser.  I know they make a diffuser for the airwrap.  But, even if it did, I wouldn't pay $599 for it.  I mostly air dry, and usually spend about 5 minutes drying my hair.  I don't curl my hair.  I pay for automatic curls, so I'm not going to pull them out.  I know some people with perms do curl it, but I perm so I don't have to curl it.  

@Icegoddess   I laughed as well.  To profess every possible hair style, but it has no diffuser, was admitting it's not for all hair types at all.  That's OK with me, wasn't really interested in buying.

I am always amazed at the sales pitch.  How many times did Jennifer go on & on about the color -- pink and rose gold!!  So grab your $600 hair dryer because we have your color!  Also the scare about not having it available beyond today.  Do you know why???

Last month (March) Dyson announced an updated, even better hair dryer, with all the prerequisite attachments, coming out soon.  It's supposed to be much more intelligent to protect your scalp, and improve everything else their dryer does.

The new dryer is called, Dyson Supersonic Nural Hair Dryer.  

If you're at all interested in Dyson for your hair, you may want to research this new one first.