Honored Contributor

I agree especially as A365636

Small DB suede crossbody, $190. ish, Free shipping,pretty navy.

Go figure. ???

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Anyone interested in the yellow choice, be wary (although this is not a fall/winter color, SMH). The fabric is so thin, that the striped lining shows right through— a major “oops!” for Dooney. Look carefully, and you will see it in the videos. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I noticed that they’re selling a long strap to convert this bag into a crossbody, for an additional $40. (It was represented as “$8 a month,” not mentioning for how many months, lol). This would bring the cost, when you add on the $10 shipping, to $200 before tax is added. That’s far from a special value for this nylon bag, IMO. Why not include the strap for free, INSTEAD of the accessories?!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

For those of you still on the fence, the TSV appears to have only two reviews.  Both of them One Star.

Sometimes it comes up and sometimes it doesn't.  They have figured out a way to hide the reviews, but I don't think they have covered all the bases.

Super Contributor

Why is it that the TSV and all Dooney bags carry such hefty shipping charges?

Respected Contributor

@tessam 

Good point about high cost of shipping.  Especially for a nylon bag that should be much lighter (and Sue Clifton says this one is packed flat) and takes a smaller container than the typical item.

Contributor
I really like this bag, but I don’t understand about it being a “special value”. It’s nylon! I like the extra case it comes with, but I have no use for a “key fob”. Most cars anymore are a keyless entry, my house is a keyless entry too. Would have been a value if the cross body strap would have been included AND free shipping! I can see this bag will be half the price in 6 months to a year. I’m holding off on purchasing. I’ll most likely find another I like between now and then.
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I noticed that they’re selling a long strap to convert this bag into a crossbody, for an additional $40. (It was represented as “$8 a month,” not mentioning for how many months, lol). This would bring the cost, when you add on the $10 shipping, to $200 before tax is added. That’s far from a special value for this nylon bag, IMO. Why not include the strap for free, INSTEAD of the accessories?!

Nylon Dooneys are often on ILD for $89 or less.  You are so right about there being no value here.

Respected Contributor

I have seen nylon bags more stylish than this one.  I have nothing against nylon but to me it is bigger than I prefer, bulky looking, sits too far from the body which will make it get in my way, and refuse to pay the high shipping.  Easy No.

Valued Contributor

But you guys it's "lux" nylon! Smiley LOL