Respected Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso's TSV 1/27/14

It's already got three reviews...all 1 Star! I'm surprised they left them up there for the TSV.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

It looks great on Carolyn who is on right now.

I just read the three reviews and they all sound like comments from people who didn't order it yet.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2014 itsmagic said:

I just read the three reviews and they all sound like comments from people who didn't order it yet.

I just read those negative reviews also. And I agree it doesn't seem like any of the three have actually seen the jacket in person.

Unlike many here, I love well-done faux leathers. It seems like the light jacket season in my area is often wet/rainy. I don't wear my real leathers in wet weather. Faux leathers don't mind getting wet.

Super Contributor

I don't understand the negative reviews from people who haven't purchased. Someone out there has it out for Dennis Basso.

Valued Contributor

It looks okay but I'm going to pass, the mint is a nice shade.

Respected Contributor

You are kidding??? correct?

On my TV it's bunching across the bust and all through the waist. It's pulling across the tummy section, it does not look good on her at all.

And running around with a "COUTURE" jacket with bling on the back pockets of her jeans, that outfit is a train wreck.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2014 ilovedaisies said:

I don't understand the negative reviews from people who haven't purchased. Someone out there has it out for Dennis Basso.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

No one has it out for Dennis Basso, I think Dennis summed it up perfectly and made sense to me in the morning presentation.

He said he is known for lamb leather and real leather but the people from the Q especially the buyers talked him into this faux stuff...now that said it all. He's stuck with it, and the Q wants something like this with his name on it. Some people are buying it because of Dennis's name alone, if it's a Basso it must be good. Now put someone else's name on it (SG) and try to sell it for $70, it just wouldn't sell.

The name equals the profit margin.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2014 nantucket shore said:

You are kidding??? correct?

On my TV it's bunching across the bust and all through the waist. It's pulling across the tummy section, it does not look good on her at all.

And running around with a "COUTURE" jacket with bling on the back pockets of her jeans, that outfit is a train wreck.

I agree with NS. It is not flattering on Carolyn at all. Wearing shorter/cropped tops and jackets only makers her look wider.

They had a short jacket TSV a week or so ago. How about something different, QVC? Enough with the cropped stuff and I also don't care for faux leather.

Contributor

I think the colors and cutouts make this jacket look cheap. Faux leather by SG look much more realistic at a lower price.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2014 Brinklii said:

It's already got three reviews...all 1 Star! I'm surprised they left them up there for the TSV.

At least two of the three seemed to be reviewing before receiving, it seemed to me.