Respected Contributor

Corky's BBQ Ham & Turkey Combo with Glaze M87665

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking of ordering this Ham/Turkey combo for Christmas dinner. Would like to hear reviews from anyone who has had it before. I make Turkey and Ham at Thanksgiving also but would like to make it easier for myself this Christmas. I usually buy a Honey Baked Ham but everything is so expensive this year. I pay close to $100 for just the ham(7-8lbs) This is much cheaper. Not so sure if it will be enough though, as I usually get a 15-18lb turkey and a 7-8 lb ham. Maybe! Just no leftovers which is fine with me! Reviews please!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

Re: Corky's BBQ Ham & Turkey Combo with Glaze M87665

I bought this pair a while ago because it is a good price.  Unfortunately I wasn't happy.  The turkey breast is smoked.  My family does not like smoked turkey.  They prefer roasted turkey.  I wasn't thrilled with the ham.  It was very grainy.  It also isn't gluten free which is important with certain members of my family.  I much prefer Smithfield ham.  If you like smoked turkey and  sub-par ham then it is a good buy.  I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

I ordered it last year, and I was pleased. I had the turkey for Christmas and the ham for New Years. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

I bought this pair a while ago because it is a good price.  Unfortunately I wasn't happy.  The turkey breast is smoked.  My family does not like smoked turkey.  They prefer roasted turkey.  I wasn't thrilled with the ham.  It was very grainy.  It also isn't gluten free which is important with certain members of my family.  I much prefer Smithfield ham.  If you like smoked turkey and  sub-par ham then it is a good buy.  I'll pass.

@daisy4    Thank you for the review.  As I am not one for sub-par ham at any price, I won't be buying.  🍖😉

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

I’ve had this before and was pleased. As someone else said though, this is a smoked turkey breast. While delicious, it’s very different than roast turkey.
Esteemed Contributor

I got a 10 pound ham from Costco with glaze for $35 last week and even though I'm not a fan of ham in general (hubby like it way more than me) it was pretty good. Not a fan of any smoked meats. So I would not spend that kind of money on the TSV.

Respected Contributor

Last year I ordered two dinners on advanced order. 
One for me and one to be delivered to my sister down south. 

Both were complete dinners for Christmas. Hers was never delivered .

Mine was thawed except the turkey. Called both QVC and Corkys. 
Qvc said throw mine away and I got a refund. Corkys did not answer phone. 
Never ordering Corkys again. 

Valued Contributor

I forgot to mention Butterball makes a really nice boneless turkey breast that you can buy in a supermarket.  You do have to roast it yourself, but that just means putting it in the oven for 3 hours and basting it every once in a while.   So much better than a smoked turkey and only costs about $12 .

Honored Contributor

I ordered both a few years ago for a Family Dinner and we were all disappointed. They both had the consistency and taste of processed store bought luncheon meat. 

Our experience was not a good one.

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I ordered both a few years ago for a Family Dinner and we were all disappointed. They both had the consistency and taste of processed store bought luncheon meat. 

Our experience was not a good one.

I would agree... I would never order again ( turkey ) never tried the ham....