Contributor

withthe state of things like costs of food, gas, heating our homes you would think the powers that be at QVC would try to appeal to those of us who can’t afford the triple digit TSV’s that have been presented. Would love to see more of the multi gift items that they use to show before Christmas. I have become more selective and not as quick to hit the order button because of the obvious hard sell that the hosts have been trained to do. Start selling items that are more reasonable and appeal to a bigger audience. I used to order a lot for gifting but have found myself checking out Amazon more. Besides their return policy at Amazon can’t be beat. 

Honored Contributor

@Fiber artist A top concern for our country....high prices, why would QVC buck the trend. Yes, agree with your strategy, most of us our doing our due diligence and comparison shopping.

Respected Contributor

I just switched it on this morning only to see the Dyson TSV 😳what?!

I'm a Dyson Vacuum fan...years ago my mom bought me the Dyson vacuum as a gift, I think it was around $350.00 then, and though expensive, we thought well worth it. That vacuum was less. (and more worth, imo) than this $450.00 hair tool?! As my mom used to say...."I don't care if it's made of gold"....that is $375 more than I'd ever spend on any hair tool, and my Conair and Hot Tools curling irons do the trick just fine for me. Give me a big fat break already with these out of site consumer prices on non essential items. No thanks QVC...also as mom would have said "keep it."

Respected Contributor

Re: High cost TSV’s

[ Edited ]

Where my next spare $460 is going:

* to replace three of four garage screen panels that I backed the car into this week

* veterinary bills

* car payment

* house payment 

* groceries

*gas

* utilities

Where it's not going:

* a hair tool 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

* toreplace three of four garage screen panels that I backed the car into this week

* veterinary bills

* car payment

* house payment 

* groceries

*gas

* utilities

Where it's not going:

* a hair tool 

Exactly.

Honored Contributor

QVC is not a charitable organization.  They are not our friends or our family.  They don't care about anyone's financial struggles.  We're adults.  Anyone who can't afford QVC should shop with retailers in their price bracket.  And there is no shortage of online retailers and brick&mortar retailers that sell more affordable merchandise.  QVC cand and never has been "all things to all shoppers".  I remember in the early 90s when I was a sahm with just hubby's salary.  I couldn't affordable QVC!  I watched for hours everyday and every now and then, I'd be able to buy something that I saved up to buy.  QVC was never a low dollar retailer.  I don't believe QVC wants that "bigger audience" of people who can't afford be a frequent shoppers.  I happen to love Amazon.  I am indeed a comparison shopper.  Amazon, QVC, HSN, WALMART....  I buy from the one that gives me the best value.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

* toreplace three of four garage screen panels that I backed the car into this week

* veterinary bills

* car payment

* house payment 

* groceries

*gas

* utilities

Where it's not going:

* a hair tool 

Exactly.

I'll be honest. There is all that and a D&Co top or a set of Breezies bras in the mix...lol.  A $459 hair gizmo just made me laugh out loud.  No bleeping way...lol

Valued Contributor

Re: High cost TSV’s

[ Edited ]

chrystaltree, yes of course QVC is not a charitable organization. They're here to make a profit. However, as inflation rises, less & less people are going to be able to buy their expensive products. That hair straightner TSV thing is an expensive vanity product. If they don't sell more basic, useful items, for resonable prices, they will in the end destroy themselves. Please get with the times QVC.

Super Contributor

It is a business - they want to make $$$ not friends! If Christmas is not a time for high end items, then when is?? 

Valued Contributor

wifey2qt, I don't think of Christmas as a time for high end items. To me, it's a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It's a happy time to spend with loved ones. Expensive gifts don't make Christmas more happy for me.