Super Contributor

Carolyn, if you don't have a computer

how do you think the caller is going to e-mail you a picture of her baby pup?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Carolyn, if you don't have a computer

I was just sitting here staring at all that chocolate and heard her say it,  giggled  a little thinking the  same thing.... ?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

Picky, picky.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

iPhone, iPad, tablet...and mobile device.  

People hear 'computer' and think 'desktop'.

Honored Contributor

I caught it, too, and wrote it off as an easy gaffe to make when you're thinking of a million things at once. I'm glad the caller didn't correct her. Hint, hint.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I always laugh to myself then the host asks an obviously elderly caller if they have Facebook. Granted, some of them do, but I would venture to guess that most of them do not use it nor want to use it.

Frequent Contributor

I just can't imagine why anyone would put personal info and family pictures on the internet. its just too dangerous.

Honored Contributor

Many people at work don't own a computer and use their work computer for personal business when their phone won't do.

Honored Contributor

Our dear friend George is 93, he is very active on FACEBOOK, he also loves his Kindle. He loves it and says that he feels like he's part of the world again.  He was 89 when he got his Kindle.  My daughters taught him the basics and after that he jumped right in. Don't assume that all seniors shy away from the modern world, many of them embrace it.  

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Many people at work don't own a computer and use their work computer for personal business when their phone won't do.

They never heard of tablets?   Or smart phones?   Tablets have pretty much replaced computers for those who don't need or want a computer and they are inexpensive.  The newest Kindle is just $49.