Contributor

You can sign up for robo call blocker at Nomorobo.com for free. 

If my phone rings once and then stops it's because a call was blocked.  I used to get 10+ calls a day - now none.  Once in awhile, a call will make it through that I don't want and I just block the number through my phone service.

Esteemed Contributor

Most telephone service providers have web site which allow you to block calls on the site.  When I had a land line with Verizon I registered for an account and blocked calls from there.  Worked perfectly.  Most cell phones have the blocking feature also.  No need to buy additional hardware to block calls.  

Super Contributor

Re: Call Blocker

[ Edited ]

I bought this a few months ago and it's worth it's weight in gold.  My landline is quiet now, with only an occasional call sneaking through that i then block.   

Simple installation and works like a charm.  And no service offered through Verizon allows you to block nearly as many numbers.  As a matter of fact, this same product is recommended on Verizon's website---for $100!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Call Blocker

[ Edited ]

@Arley1210wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this works with Talking caller ID????? I do have a blocker on my telephne but it does not block as many calls as this one but not sure if this woulk with "talking" caller ID!! Thanks for any info.

Arley

@Arley1210  Doesn't your talking caller ID show the name and number on your telephone, too?  That's the way mine works, and I feel sure this would work as long as it shows it on your phone as well as speaks the number.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

Yes my caller id not only speaks the name but shows the number!!! I can block on my phone but not many numbers. I think I am going to order this!!! I get so many calls during the day!! Its really terrible!! This may very well be worth every penny!!!!

Super Contributor

I, too have talking caller ID on my AT&T portable set. I have had the CPR call blocker for quite a while and it works perfectly with my talking caller ID. I would not be without this thing.

Honored Contributor

I bought this a few months ago at a higher price (QVC).   I am happy with it.  I still get some calls, but not as many as I did.  I block them as I see or hear that they are not calls I want.  Has cut way down on unwanted calls.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the CPR V5000 in 2016 and love it. However, today had 4 calls that looked previously blocked but phone rang several times with no answer or message. I blocked each call as they came in. Also noticed each time the call was the same number but looked something like  with a check mark then + and number. No idea what to do and tired of phone ringing. Plus have received phone numbers starting with a V. I had purchased another call blocker that was highly rated but did not work with my phone. Southern Bee

Valued Contributor

that thing works great? No more call I do not want. Best of all had no calls for candidates during the election season 

Contributor

Yes, it works with talking caller ID.   I purchased this during Christmas season for more money (Smiley Sad).  Telemarket calls are now minimal and its easy to add ones to block ------ I did a lot of that during the past month when I began receiving calls about political candidates running in the primary election.   Caller ID makes it easy - hear the name, press the button